Kingmaker - Varnhold's Lot DLC 28th February

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Gamasutra Pathfinder: Kingmaker will have new DLC arriving February 28th called Varnhold's Lot.

25 February 2019: Owlcat Games and Deep Silver today announce the second DLC Varnhold's Lot for their critically acclaimed RPG Pathfinder: Kingmaker will launch on February 28.

You join Varn - as his general - and experience Varnhold's valorous history first-hand; the whole of it, not just the outcome!

Just as you were claiming your first title, another hero of the Stolen Lands became a baron too: Maegar Varn, captain of the Varnling Host mercenary band and rightful ruler of Varnhold

If you've played the main campaign, you already know what happened to him... or do you?

Key Features

• Play a complete and challenging self-contained side story
  • Create a new character and fight for the future of Varnhold while your main campaign's hero establishes their barony in the Shrike Hills
  • Experience the adventure from a companion's point of view
  • Explore a huge new dungeon. What secrets lie in the forbidden depths?
  • Import your achievements into the main campaign! After you finish the DLC, a new event will unlock in the main story: Maegar Varn will invite you to visit the dungeon once again -- to witness the consequences of your decisions...
  • Lead your commander to victory in combat and to prosperity in peace
[...]
More information.

Does anybody know how long they plan to keep releasing DLC?
Based on the DLC roadmap one more is left. Don't know if more is planned.

46521283_1003424236511289_5571583656868184064_o.jpg

Sigh....another delay for me, then. Maybe all of the content will have settled by the time I wrap up the Bard's Tale trilogy. One day, one day I will actually get back to this game!!

This seems like an odd DLC... more of a separate mini-game than an add-on to the original. Like others, still waiting for everything to be out and all the fixes made before picking this up.

Add me to the list of people waiting for all DLC and patches. I have several games in this state.

I’m surprised this method of release is working for developers. I’ve gone from preordering just about every game I buy to buying the majority of my games at a discount a year or 2 after release.

Must be working for them though as they continue to do it.

Hmm.. it sounds quite interesting. So, I'm assuming the character we play in Varnhold joins as a new companion in the main game once we import the DLC?

• Experience the adventure from a companion's point of view

^companion = new character we create for Varnhold's Lot? Or are they referring to Maegar Varn?
  • Import your achievements into the main campaign! After you finish the DLC, a new event will unlock in the main story: Maegar Varn will invite you to visit the dungeon once again -- to witness the consequences of your decisions…

Any word on when this DLC will be doable at what point in the game? I'm guessing it might be too late to do it in Chapter 5, eh?

Yeah, not sure how this "importing" will work - it sounds like you have to restart the game :/ well, luckily, I'm not too far into my 4th playthrough.

Add me to the list of people waiting for all DLC and patches. I have several games in this state.
That's what wish lists are for!

I’m surprised this method of release is working for developers. I’ve gone from preordering just about every game I buy to buying the majority of my games at a discount a year or 2 after release.
Yeah, me too, at least for the most part. Come in a year late and many bugs are fixed, DLC is out so you don't care where it shows up in the campaign, guides are all written, the price is lower, and mods are even fleshed out (and unlikely to get borked by a game update). The only rough part is that you're unlikely to play at the same time as your fellow Watchers.

Yeah, I usually learn my lesson with the second or third game that a company does this with. Once I catch on to them though, it's a lesson I tend to well remember, I do like having all the content available when I play.

Turns out you don't have to restart the game to import outcomes from Varnhold's Lot into the main game:

To start Varnhold's lot:
Go to main menu, press new game and start it as a different module than main campaign and then import the result onto a save.

You choose in the main menu whether you want to play the main campaign or the DLC.

Once you've finished the DLC at least once, the game remembers this fact. From now on, when you are playing the main campaign, a window will pop up once you've reached a certain point in the story and ask you to choose which DLC result you'd like to import (in case you've completed the DLC 18 times, for example).

Once you choose a result to import or decline to import, the decision is PERMANENT for this save file and all later ones that "stem" from this one. If you load an earlier save file, the game will prompt you to choose again. You can import the same DLC result onto as many main campaigns as you'd like (of course, most of you have at least 29 concurrent playthroughs, I assume).

Back
Top Bottom