Mutant Year Zero - Free Demo and Stalker Trials Available

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Worthplaying reports on the availability of the free 'Stalker Trials' content for Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden. Additionally a free demo is now available, and the game is coming to GOG soon.

Funcom have rolled out a free demo of Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden on PC, which you can download through your Steam client.

All content from the beginning of the game, up and including reaching the Ark, will be available in the demo, so you're getting a decent chunk of the game. If you've been on the fence about buying Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden you can check out the demo and try before you buy. Or send it to that friend who's looking for a new game to play.

It's the perfect opportunity to see if the game is for you.

The most requested feature from players after release has been replayable gameplay, and the free updateaims to introduce exactly that. Stalker Trials brings with a challenge mode that allows players to take on new challenges in the zone, racking up points based on skill and performance, and competing with friends and strangers on leaderboards while also unlocking more powerful weapons and items.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Does anyone know how many GB the demo has ?

3067 mb.

I'm not a fan of the silly-looking characters, but I'll give the demo a try when I have time. I rarely say no to anything using a post-apocalyptic setting.

I was sorely disappointed in the shallow skill system. A number of the skills are duplicated between characters making them feel samey. Seeing skills being reused in multiple characters made it feel like the designers were lazy, or that they ran out of time and/or money to make unique, meaningful trees for each character.

Also, every shot taken in your game will have either a 0, 25, 50, 75, or 100% chance to hit. That's it.

I'll be interested in hearing what those who try the demo think.

I was sorely disappointed in the shallow skill system. A number of the skills are duplicated between characters making them feel samey. Seeing skills being reused in multiple characters made it feel like the designers were lazy, or that they ran out of time and/or money to make unique, meaningful trees for each character.

Also, every shot taken in your game will have either a 0, 25, 50, 75, or 100% chance to hit. That's it.

I'll be interested in hearing what those who try the demo think.

Urgh.. I also noticed their very weak gun sounds and lame-ish particle effects. Apart from these I'm glad they managed to make it Very Positive!

They have amazing 3D maps with that super atmospheric fog / darkness I liked a lot!

As a Swede i obviously really love Mutant, classic tabletop game.. but i wish they had gone with a more traditional RPG than x-com / fallout tactics style which i don't find any interesting. All you invest in is the combat really, proper RPG's are just way more fun.

I'm not a fan of the silly-looking characters, but I'll give the demo a try when I have time. I rarely say no to anything using a post-apocalyptic setting.

This game is based on an pen & paper RPG system.

Back
Top Bottom