Shenmue 3 - Gameplay Trailer

Wow, the voice on that kid 1 minute in... Otherwise looks cool.

Again some trailer whatnot.
Gimme the game already! :D

The first half looks amazing, so true to the first two games, as if they had Unreal Engine 4 in the Dreamcast days. The second half maybe like it hasn't had the final polish pass yet. Either way, it's all promising as fuck for its legacy.

Haters gonna hate, from calling it a scam that won't even release to now moving goal posts to whatever metrics they feel will allow them to still be right. I just want a game like what Shenmue 1 & 2 were actually like in the end, not some revolutionary for open world games status or whatever people want to claim about them in hindsight.

Objectively they were small scale, linear yet allowing you to progress at your own pace adventure games with a lot of details to see, a lot of character interactions, some side activities, clever use of time throughout and a sprinkling of combat where necessary as Ryo proceeded to solve mysteries and encounter old and new friends and some rivals and foes while growing as a person as he tries to cope with his father's murder and the things he uncovers about him, his murderer and himself.

Thankfully the small budget of today seems to have allowed them to get close to the level of the AAA budget of yesteryear. Some people act like it was gonna be (and sell like) Grand Theft Auto 6 but in China or something. I'm glad it isn't even trying that. Go play Sleeping Dogs if you want something in that style, I don't want that for Shenmue.

Everything here looks spot on and more than fine for the budget, my only worry is the combat as back in the SEGA days they cloned Virtua Fighter and (frankly, quite clumsily) adjusted it for fighting against multiple opponents, now they have had (and wanted) to make a new system so I don't know how good it's going to be.

Well, whatever, combat is only a part of what Shenmue stands for, I can't wait to finally continue Ryo's story of revenge (or is it, how is he going to grow and change?). I know this won't sell much but hopefully enough to get the end of the saga (3 isn't it)!

I'm more concerned with how much bloat this project is likely to want to take up on my hard drive. I do think the game has taken a while to get fully realized, but hopefully that just makes it a superior product when it actually does release.

I'm more concerned with how much bloat this project is likely to want to take up on my hard drive. I do think the game has taken a while to get fully realized, but hopefully that just makes it a superior product when it actually does release.
I remember someone mentioning it might take 100GB's or more to install. If that's true it wouldn't surprise as the first two remastered games had the bloat problem also.:(

As long as it's not just 10 hours game like new idtech doomoids, I'm fine with it's disk size.

Back
Top Bottom