Outward - Last Developer Diary Video

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The fourth and last developer diary video, highlighting the multiplayer co-op gameplay of Outward, has been made available.

PREPARATION IS HALF THE BATTLE!

DEV DIARY #4 HIGHLIGHTS THE STRUGGLES AND BENEFITS OF COOPERATIVE GAMEPLAY!

March 25, 2019 - Walnut Creek, CA - Publisher Deep Silver and developer Nine Dots have released a new Developer's Diary video for their hardcore fantasy adventure OUTWARD.

A treacherous journey awaits players in the fantasy world of Outward, but you don't have to brave it alone. Tackle the dangers that lie ahead together with drop-in and drop-out local or online multiplayer. Will one player act in support, carrying the heavy equipment and loot while the other player handles combat? Or will you choose to explore the world separately to cover more ground? Whether you choose to play in local split screen or online with a faraway friend, the world and its hostile inhabitants will grow stronger with another player so plan your steps accordingly.

OUTWARD is a hardcore RPG that tempers fantasy elements with realism... but with the right preparation, you will be able to overcome most challenges that OUTWARD will throw at you.

More information.

Outward Interview -Venturebeat
Outward is what happens when you take open-world RPGs and throw in elements of survival games like Ark: Survival Evolved. It takes away the niceties of the blinking dot on the map to show you where you are. Want labels? You won’t find them on the map, either. And encumbrance matters — and you’ll find yourself struggling with your urges to be a walking Costco and pick up everything as prepare for your first trip into the wild.

It’s fascinating and frustrating. And Guillaume Boucher-Vidal wouldn’t have it any other way.

The creative lead and CEO and founder of Nine Dots Studio did an interview with me about Outward, which released today on Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It’s the game company’s third indie, following its debut with Brand in 2012 and GoD Factory: Wingman in 2014 (Bandai-Namco published it). We talked about Nine Dots’ approach to Outward and how even its world map reflects its approach to leaving solutions in the hands of players.

This is an edited transcript of our interview.

Looks pretty interesting... I'll be curious to see what the reviews are like. Also, love that it offers local coop so me and my daughter can tackle this together.

Back
Top Bottom