Kickstarter Games - Kingdom of Night

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Kingdom of Night is an action RPG set in small-town USA during the iconic 1980's and is currently on Kickstarter. The game has already funded with 24 days to go.

Kingdom of Night is an isometric, story-driven, action-RPG with an expansive, interconnected map and quest system. Battle nightmarish creatures, customize your abilities, and collect unique items and equipment. In order to beat the game, you'll have to infiltrate the massive lairs of the five demon lords, and take on the apocalyptic boss battles at their centers.

Kingdom of Night is set to release on Steam (PC), PS4, Switch and Xbox One.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Sounded good until I saw the graphic style.

I for one like the art style and even more that combat is slower and more tactical than in your average ARPG. Keeping an eye on this one.

Nah 16-bit retro pixels are vastly overrated. :rolleyes:

Lost count of how many games have used this style on kickstarter.

Anyway just me nitpicking it might turn out to be enjoyable.:nod:

I've read the pitch but I'm going to take a pass on backing this one. At least they've reached their goal so at some point we'll see something, and if I hear decent reviews I'll likely pick it up then.

Sounded good until I saw the graphic style.

The 320x240 screenshots aren't exactly helping. They've obviously been shrunk down as well, since the text just looks like white scratches. Why the **** would they do this? Are they getting charged by the pixel or something?

That looks like mushrooms centered phone game… Not my pair of shoes. Sorry, I'll skippit.

I see this comment here quite often, comparing some game or another to a "phone game". What if you've never played a game ever on a mobile, what would you compare it to then?

I see this comment here quite often, comparing some game or another to a "phone game". What if you've never played a game ever on a mobile, what would you compare it to then?

He prefers crappy euro bug fests:p

Excellent voices and really nice slaughter effects.
Turn-based no. Looks good tho.

Back
Top Bottom