The Surge 2 - Releasing September 24th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer reports that The Surge 2 will release September 24th.

The Surge 2's release date has appeared on the Microsoft Store. The sequel to the limb-stealing action game will appear on September 24, with preorders netting players an exclusive armour set, weapons and equipment.

Spotted by Wccftech yesterday on the Australian store, it seemed like someone had jumped the gun, though the rest of the regions have since followed suit. You'll be able to pick it up for 50/$60(US).

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

The first one was quite good - right up until I reached the first proper boss, and (spat). (splatty). (splat). (splat)...

It didn't help that they positioned the boss a modest way away from the spawn point, so there was a (good) chance that anything in-between could kill you too. Even basic mobs can be lethal in this game.

I'd have liked to see more (I think I played for about 4-5 hours in the first areas), but ultimately that boss was... life's too short.

I guess I'm just not 'ard enough for Souls-games.

These are the only souls like games I haven’t been able to get into. I just don’t like the whole mech, robot thing.

I actually liked it in particular because of the setting, more so than demon souls. I haven't played the other souls games. I think it is less difficult than other soul likes. Each new enemy was a challenge, but after learning it's patterns and leveling up a bit it becomes much easier. The feeling of getting stronger and character progression was excellent for my taste.

The environment in the first game looked so uninspiring and dull.. that's really what makes Dark Souls so great, if it just had some generic/meh setting and atmosphere then i would never had the will to learn the combat or interest to explore.

While the characters and story isn't fantastic or anything its super atmospheric and mysterious, and it has great presentation too that draws you in. This really has nothing of that, from what i've seen (watched a lot of playthroughs of this game).

You could be right about the variety. I just liked the science fiction setting, and fighting your way up from the industrial lower sections to the offices at top at least offered some variety.

Back
Top Bottom