Gloomhaven - Early Access July 17th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gloomhaven will launch onto Steam Early Access July 17th.

PARIS - June 11, 2019 - Asmodee Digital announced Gloomhaven will start its Early Access on July 17th. For the first time, the gameplay was revealed last week during a four hour-long exclusive stream on Twitch. This special event, hosted by Sam Dempsey, Social Media Manager at Asmodee Digital, with special guest Craig Oman, CEO of Flaming Fowl Studios, was followed by more than 110,000 viewers on Twitch.

As a board game, Gloomhaven has raised $4.4 million on Kickstarter thanks to more than 45,000 backers. Acclaimed by both board game players and critics, the Gloomhaven board game achieved the highest rating on BoardGameGeek and won 6 Golden Geek awards including "Board Game of the Year" in 2017.

In the digital adaptation of Isaac Childres' ultimate strategic board game, developed by Flaming Fowl Studios, you play as a squad of 2-4 mercenaries, in a world of darkness and trials. Gloomhaven is a balanced mix between Tactical, RPG and dungeon-crawling. Its legendary unforgiving difficulty rewards only the best strategic-thinking players. Gloomhaven will be released in Early Access with the same gameplay as the board game, adding a new exclusive roguelike mode. The campaign mode will be available at the official launch of the game.
More information.

Looks like a decent implementation. I never finished Gloomhaven... too fiddly and too much upkeep for what it offered. But the core combat system was pretty cool... I like the idea of offloading all that upkeep and just enjoying the tactical aspects. Might pick this up.

Future Epic Games exclusive software... just sayin

I'm interested in the computerized version of this, but if they go the Epic route I'll be sitting on the sidelines until it's available elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom