The Sinking City - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Sinking City is now available on the Epic Game store:

Plunge into insanity

The Sinking City is an adventure and investigation game inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft, the master of horror.

Step in the shoes of a 1920s investigator, a tortured truth seeker sucked into an adventure that goes beyond his personal goals and beliefs.

Trapped in a flooded city, you explore an urban open world, infiltrate its secretive society and investigate cases putting your common sense to the test with the goal of saving what can be, and most importantly, yourself.

More information.

I've played it a bit (prepurchased), and I like it. Some of the game mechanics are a bit awkward, but the mood of the game including the graphic style - that feeling of dread is just my cup of tea.

pibbur who has read and enjoyed some Lovecraft but does not consider himself a particularly big fan

I think I'm around the halfway point now, and I'm still enjoying this quite a bit. The combat is mediocre, but the writing is better than what I was expecting. I had expected it to be the other way around.

It's starting to get a little repetitive though. Most of the locations are just too similar to each other, and there's not enough variety in the bestiary. Despite that, it still might end up being my favorite Lovecraft-themed game, though that's not saying much considering the quality of the previous titles.

Back
Top Bottom