Nowhere Prophet - More Reviews

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here are four, very positive, reviews of Nowhere Prophet:

The Sixth Axis, 9

Nowhere Prophet is an excellent single player card battler that punishes you with its difficulty. The battle system has a lot of depth to it, while you're constantly worrying about your convoy as events take their toll. Still, death simply means starting again with a freshly generated campaign and getting to see more of the game's world. Nowhere Prophet can be frustrating at times, but it's fun to play through and is highly recommended for those who like strategy or card battlers.
Tech Raptor, 9.5

As a gaming experience, Nowhere Prophet is a unique and thoughtful single-player adventure. The art style is often magnificent, like an old comic book with a lot of broad strokes and splashes of color. The soundtrack is also engaging, with notes of sitar and electronica. This is an impressive debut on PC by Sharkbomb Studios (previously a mobile developer), and I can see it thriving in the long term, with a lot of new content in future updates. Card game aficionados will definitely enjoy it, though some might find it difficult. Fans of roguelike deckbuilders will no doubt pour hundreds of hours into it.
Gamespew, 9

As a lover of strategy card games, I was extremely pleased by Nowhere Prophet and am excited to go back to it again. It has everything you'd want from a card game: combat, strategy and a huge plethora of options for your decks. It can be very difficult to begin with until you've mastered the game's rules, which may initially turn some players away, but stick with it and you'll find an excellent adventure lying in wait.
Wccftech, 8

Nowhere Prophet is a single player, deckbuilding roguelike that manages to balance each of its systems to create interesting, engaging and unique stories. While it isn't without faults, its complexity and intrigue make it something you'll keep coming back to.
More information.

Now that he's addressing problems with enemy AI, and people are reacting positively, I'll probably give this one a chance soon.

Back
Top Bottom