Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus - Heretek DLC Reviews

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Some reviews for Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus DLC Heretek.

GameWatcher

Despite comparisons, I never found Mechanicus all that similar to XCOM - but the DLC plan definitely seems very similar to Firaxis' one, and that decision's a winner. I quite liked Heretek due to the way it adds up to the base campaign while simultaneously making use of your characters and giving you new ways to progress. If you've been looking for an excuse to get back on the metal shoes of a Tech-priest, look no further - Heretek might be exactly what you're looking for.
PCInvasion

However, because of its primary focus, it feels as though there was a lack of creativity or imagination when making it. The other subclasses had some perk that felt as though it supported other units. The Xenarite is a pure HP tank that can take hits and that's it. There are also additional Xenarite-based items which, surprisingly, could be used by any other subclass rendering lore-friendliness non-existent.

Warhammer 40K: Mechanicus - Heretek could've been a step forward for Bulwark's stellar first foray into Games Workshop's license. It had a chance to reinvigorate interest in a tactical RPG set in the Warhammer 40K universe. A newcomer might consider it part of a "more complete experience," but a returning player might be vastly disappointed.
CulturedVultures

I would recommend the Heretek DLC for players who would want to engage enemies besides Necrons. The story content does not seem to impact the overall story. I would recommend taking another look at Mechanicus solely for the new updates as they have added much needed balancing and replayability options to make every new playthrough different and challenging.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Back
Top Bottom