The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Delayed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It doesn't come as a huge surprise but CD Projekt Red has pushed back the release of The Witcher's Enhanced Edition, saying the exact date will be "announced in the upcoming days":
CD Projekt RED announces that the release of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition has been delayed. The delay can be attributed to the company’s goal of making The Witcher: Enhanced Edition as close to a flawless product as possible. CD Projekt RED is dedicated to a simultaneous worldwide launch, and is taking the extra time to polish each language version to meet the high standards of the global games market. The exact date of the premiere of the Enhanced Edition will be announced in the upcoming days.

CD Projekt RED decided to edit some language versions to meet the highest standards. Work continues on the English version, in which a significant amount of dialogue is being re-recorded and over 5000 lines of the script were rewritten, as well as the German version, in which the translation is being improved and many characters are receiving new voice-overs.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition will be free of the majority of criticisms noted by fans and media in the original version of the game. The enhancements cover two major areas: removing technical issues (loading times will be reduced by 80%, stability of the game on various operating systems will be improved, and numerous improvements will be made to enhance fighting precision) and the aforementioned changes in language versions. Additionally, the product will ship to retail in a value-packed bundle that includes all language versions on a single master disc, the D’jinni Adventure Editor and two official adventures, the official soundtrack, an album of music inspired by The Witcher, a game guide, a map of The Witcher’s world and more. All of the enhancements will be available as a free download to existing game owners.

The exact date of the premiere of the Enhanced Edition will be announced in the upcoming days.
More information.

Whoa. I think I'm gonna wait out and buy that enchanced thingie.
Still haven't even installed the witcher.

Hopefully it's as good as you guys say it is :D

Um, what? You own the Witcher, but are considering buying the Enhanced Edition you'll get to download for free, anyway?

version to meet the high standards of the global games market

To meet the high standard of the global games market? If the game doesn't crash on startup it has already surpassed it :D :D :D :D the original TW was already very polished and bug free, at least with my play through, all I encountered was a few crashes.

'High' is a very relative term!! :) I agree, that comment cracked me up!! lol

I'll be glad to see any investment of time they want to put in the English translations thing--other than the language issues, though, I agree the Witcher was far from buggy for me.

It only crashed for me after I had already hit the "Quit Game" button. I've never had it crash in-game. The most serious problem I ever encountered was Geralt freezing in place a couple of times and having to reload.

I had a few crashes in the first act, usually during area loads, and I had to exchange my graphics driver to an older one as soon as I came to the Temple Quarter (lots of graphics artifacts). Emptying the folder with the saves made the Merchant Quarter playable for me. Some triggers were only set when I reloaded a saved game. Which means that the game was somewhat high maintenance for me, but didn't contain any game-breaking bugs.

I don't mind that the Enhanced Edition will take a bit longer. Usually, I wait a bit until I replay a game, and as it looks, I'll be busy with the game for still some time to come.

Back
Top Bottom