The Outer Worlds - The Speech Skill

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer says that enhancing the speech skill in The Outer Worlds is not a bad idea:

Dumping all your skill points into speech works pretty darn well in The Outer Worlds

Funneling skill points into Dialog doesn't just help you lie, intimidate, and persuade--it also aids you in combat.

There's a certain thrill in the idea of crafting a silver-tongued character in an RPG, someone who in a world of violent aliens and hostile factions can talk themselves out of trouble while leaving their laser pistol holstered.

I played through The Outer Worlds attempting to do just that, pumping all of my skill points into the Dialog skill, and only the Dialog skill, every time I leveled up. It didn't mean I could avoid combat--there's still tons of it--but only putting points into Dialog didn't exactly hurt me on the battlefield because those Dialog skills not only give you more options while in conversations, allowing you to lie, persuade, and intimidate, they also give you effective abilities in combat, too.

[...]
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

Yeah, and if you take speech skills then you probably want to pump the number up relatively early - I've already run into two 100 Persuade checks around the time I was level 17-18.

Speech ? Like those insult duels in Monkey Island ? :lol:

Well not really monkey island duels, but tons of humor behind it nevertheless.

Back
Top Bottom