Phoenix Point - Now Available on XBOX Game Pass

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Windows Central reports that Phoenix Point is now available on XBOX Game Pass.

What you need to know

• Phoenix Point is an XCOM-like game from original XCOM creator Julian Gollop.
  • It got a surprise release on Xbox Game Pass for PC.
  • The game features tactical combat against a biological threat.
  • You can download Phoenix Point through the Microsoft Store.
[...]
Thanks Capt. Huggy Face!

More information.

Yeah, been there for a bit I have played it on there…seems to be a lot like xcom with some neat ideas added though the interface seems a bit clunky.

Quick, tell me game pass is bad:p

Well you asked for it here you go.:biggrin:

I can't speak to what the DRM does, but it launches a hell of a lot faster than Steam and doesn't make my fans go crazy at the start. I've got better things to do than watch that video, but I hope the guy was using the Xbox (beta) app for Windows. The actual Windows Store does indeed suck hardcore. The Xbox (beta) app works like a charm for me.

Me too, works totally fine and since I have an xbox the pc side is a good bonus....

Used windows store to play Gears 5 for few bucks. Finally it wasnt worth it, game bored me. Saying that windows store is not user friendly is understatement. But at least the exclusive offers are from their own studios production. Perhaps I would say how MS store sucks if Epic wasnt so far ahead of everybody else at sucking big time. :)

Used windows store to play Gears 5 for few bucks. Finally it wasnt worth it, game bored me. Saying that windows store is not user friendly is understatement. But at least the exclusive offers are from their own studios production. Perhaps I would say how MS store sucks if Epic wasnt so far ahead of everybody else at sucking big time. :)

This isn't xbox game pass....totally different thing.

Well video is about the Gamepass App and the Windows Store.

I'm not going to make an article about a short 15 min video.

Basically

1. Heavy DRM
2. Slower Load Times
3. Erratic Frame-rates
4. Sloppy Install Structure/Encryption

Last edited:
Sure. *rolls eyes*

I’m not a fan of MS at all, but that video was pretty bias and the maker obviously had an axe to grind.

DRM is a non issue for me. I haven’t had any problems with any of it in ages. Securom days are long past.

Slower load times were 95% of the time only a few seconds apart.

Erratic frame rates I must have missed. Most Frame rates were pretty close and xbox app actually was faster in a few.

Sloppy install, this is where I have my biggest problem. Not having access to files or where I install them is annoying, but I would guess it would be a non issue for most users.

He also made a big deal about not being able to run one of the benchmarks on xbox app. Annoying, yes. End of days?, probably not.

Then at the end he actually recommends signing up but then cancelling when the $1 promotion ends. If its such an abomination I’d think he wouldn’t want it on his system no matter the price.

I personally wont use it because of the file system things I mentioned but videos like these often feel more like witch hunts than consumer advocate pieces.

No offense couch. I like the majority of the things you post but not all of it.

Just for the record you have the choice of the drive you use.

I notice no difference between it and steam for performance. I get to play games I normally don't get to or wouldn't even give a chance, found a couple I really like doing this.

One thing I don't like is DLC is not provided for any of the games....why would I pat for that if the game could go off the service?

No offense couch. I like the majority of the things you post but not all of it.
No offense taken. If we agreed about everything this site would be duller then it already is. Anyway I just offered a counter-point and don't use Game Pass or the Windows store.

Back
Top Bottom