ATOM RPG - Trudograd Dev Diary 2

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new dev diary for ATOM RPG about the Trudograd expansion. This follows on from the recent 1.111 patch.

ATOM RPG: Trudograd dev update #2
Hello, friends!

It's time to do good on our New Year's promise and share some more news about ATOM RPG: Trudograd.

We'll start with information on new developments in the field of exoskeleton research! We perfected our walking tank visually, and made it capable of attacking enemies in melee combat! Here's how it looks at the moment:

4F6B7BF5F2A0D125F2606C5E5A630934572EDAC3

WIP

However the combat system improvements do not end with the exoskeleton. We also made a special skill that will allow you to attack your enemies with the buttstock of your weapon, along with new weapon mods that will be discussed in a later post.

AF899B0703BFD249738E61971CDCBAA8334DCDB1

WIP

Since we have updated many combat-related stuff in the game, we decided to change the look of the inventory as well. Here's how it will look during your travels in Trudograd. Something akin to this style was suggested by some of our players. We hope you like it!

4472b765ab1be56ad15de116abe8dcfe1feabb1a.png

WIP

Now we'd like to show you the changes we made to in-game menus such as the minimap, stats or skill tree. Here's our new menu system!

37965c27c98b13034d82c2d60bce2769e17ffeed.jpg

WIP

This new menu system is highly optimized for comfort and style. We really hope you will enjoy it!

Last but not least - some in-game art. Here's a loading screen we particularly enjoy.

eee0c28226fab9ce55099d8e7bd2e88f2ffd61db.jpg

Work on Trudograd is constant. Next time we will share some new location screenshots and news about weapons and combat in general, as well as many other new stuff.

ATOM RPG: Trudograd will be released for closed testing on February 29th.

Thank you for reading and we really hope that you liked what we shared. See you next time! And let there be ATOM!

More information.

Initially this game looks superb.
- Then you realize the screenshots were apparently made with SweetFX's contrast-enhancement or slightly enhanced in photoshop, etc..
- The scaleable GUI feature appears great at first, but then you quickly realize there is really no option to just increase the font-size and important portions of the UI go past the screen border as the UI scaling enlarges everything, especially the very bulky window edges and buttons and NPC portraits that were NOT designed for UI scaling in mind.
- Animations look bland.
- Writing is sub-par, making the story boring as hell. I expected excellent writing. It is not.
- Gameplay becomes surprisingly boring quickly.
- Music is mediocre anemic at best.

Refunded. Steam page / updates bookmarks deleted from browser.

- Then you realize the screenshots were apparently made with SweetFX's contrast-enhancement or slightly enhanced in photoshop, etc..
- The scaleable GUI feature appears great at first, but then you quickly realize there is really no option to just increase the font-size and important portions of the UI go past the screen border as the UI scaling enlarges everything, especially the very bulky window edges and buttons and NPC portraits that were NOT designed for UI scaling in mind.
- Animations look bland.
- Writing is sub-par, making the story boring as hell. I expected excellent writing. It is not.
- Gameplay becomes surprisingly boring quickly.
- Music is mediocre anemic at best.

I am glad that i did not based my decision on your point of view.
I found it a great game and enjoyed it immensely.

Last edited:
I loved Atom, I found it quirky, immersive and absolutely value for money. I know the Atom team have had more assistance with the translation to English, I hope they don't lose that quirkiness.

Not going to argue with you point-by-point but it's hard to imagine how much you could get out of a game like this in under 2 hours.

Trudograd is definitely going to be quirky. It's the same style as ATOM right down the line.

I loved Atom!

So, I've been reading RPGWatch for years but have been too lazy to create an account until now.

If you liked the original Fallout games, you'll probably enjoy Atom. Sure, the localization isn't perfect but it has some really enjoyable quests and interesting locations and characters. It feels very old school but surprisingly polished for an indie def. I found myself really drawn into it and played it to completion, or what was complete at the time.

I'll probably give it another run through after Trudograd comes out.

Back
Top Bottom