The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Delayed til August/September

magerette

Hedgewitch
ActionTrip posts a link to Worthplaying, which in turn quotes (what looks like) a Polish site, GRRR.pl to the effect that release of the Enhanced Edition of CDProjekt's The Witcher has been pushed back to August/September. A console edition for XBox 360 has also been confirmed. Here is the WP snip:
'The Witcher Enhanced Edition' Coming Aug/Sept., Console Edition Confirmed
Posted on Monday, May 05 @ 02:30:45 PDT
The Witcher Enhanced Edition, CD Projekt's action/RPG, adds changes to the game's mechanics, better graphics, shorter load times, improved stability, the recently released D'jinni mod editor, two new adventures, making of DVD, two soundtracks, etc. Originally scheduled for May 16th, it has been delayed until Aug/Sept., the previously revealed console version is making good progress according to product manager Maciej Sachmacinski, but still too far off to pin down a release date.
No word as yet as I post this from the official English language site.
More information.

Last edited:
How frustrating. What am I gonna play until then?..... OH yes!, I almost forgot... Lego Batman and Lego Indiana Jones... except neither of them are out yet either. Cripes!

I guess that clears a potential logjam for me, with NWN2 Gold supposedly hitting shelves tomorrow. That, unfortunately, puts it up against Spore though, which could push Witcher back yet again.

How frustrating. What am I gonna play until then?
How about... The Witcher? :p Radical I know, but you could play it now, then get all the enhanced edition goodness for free when it comes out :)

This game has replayability. I'm playing the game right now and well into chapter 4 and there's are a lot of decisions I've made that I am sure have changed the plot line somewhat. Plus I've never played a game that had so much adult sensibilities. It's not a slam on the game and I'm not talking gratuitious sex. It's just the story line is so mature. I really love this game.

How about... The Witcher? :p Radical I know, but you could play it now, then get all the enhanced edition goodness for free when it comes out :)

I have been playing it - I'm in chapter 3. But I don't have time to be an avid gamer so I will only get to play through the game once. I'd rather save that one play through for when the extra stuff gets here.

Back
Top Bottom