Tainted Grail - Preview @God is a Geek

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon has been previewed by God is a Geek who find it a grimdark Baldur's Gate with deck building.

With no more heroes left to fight, it falls to a handful of untrained souls to band together and save the land. It combines Baldur's Gate style exploration and player choice with deck-building combat, and its dark, unforgiving world oozes with atmosphere. There's no concrete release date yet, but this is an early build and there's lots more info and additions to come. As it stands, Tainted Grail has heaps of potential and could be a surprise hit for Awaken Realms.

[...]

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I tried the alpha back in December was generally pretty impressed. Looking forward to this and the board game!

Baldur's Gate? What are you talking about?
What does this have anything to do with BG?
What does it mean "Baldur's Gate style exploration"?
Apart from the "generic medieval fantasy setting", there is nothing in common with BG in this game, nothing at all.
The only similar could be the isometric camera, but with many differences.

Its very annoying to use the well know game name just for the name.

Hmmm...yeah I'm playing through the Tainted Grail board game right now. It's very interesting, but it's nothing remotely like Baldur's Gate. I'd even say that the setting is very different. I'm guessing the writer just uses BG to refer to anything vaguely fantasy related.

Hmmm…yeah I'm playing through the Tainted Grail board game right now. It's very interesting, but it's nothing remotely like Baldur's Gate. I'd even say that the setting is very different. I'm guessing the writer just uses BG to refer to anything vaguely fantasy related.

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom