Langrisser I & II - Review @ RPGFan

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
RPGFan checked out the strategy RPGs Langrisser I & II:

Langrisser I & II Review:

I'm not overly familiar with the Langrisser SRPG series, having never played any of the games that were localized previously. My curiosity for Langrisser was piqued largely due to the cosmetic similarities the series holds to another strangely titled SRPG series that I happen to adore called Growlanser: thus, I decided to give the Langrisser I & II remake compilation on the Nintendo Switch a try. Ultimately, I found the experience to be both challenging and rewarding.

Langrisser I tells the story of Ledin, a prince who survives an attack on his country. His quest to put a stop to the empire that started the war and reclaim his throne ends up becoming a battle against the forces of darkness. Naturally, those forces can only be subdued using the power of the legendary holy blade Langrisser.

Langrisser II is the story of a young man named Elwin who travels the countryside. Elwin and his friend Hein are drawn into conflict with the powerful Rayguard Empire when they put a stop to the empire's attempted abduction of Liana, the Priestess of Light. The Rayguard Empire wishes to use both the sacred blade of light, Langrisser, and the cursed blade of darkness, Alhazard, to completely subjugate the world and enforce peace through the use of sheer power. As a Descendant of Light, young Elwin is the only one who can truly harness Langrisser and halt their ambitions.

[...]

Overall, despite knowing next to nothing about the Langrisser series before diving into these remakes, I enjoyed my time with them. Fans of old-school SRPGs will find two excellent games here for the price of one, with quite a lot of replay value as well. I'm certainly hopeful that other games in the series receive the same remake treatment after having played this collection, as Langrisser I & II are solid games if you can get past their hiccups.
More information.

Back
Top Bottom