1971 Project Helios - Releasing Q2 2020

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
1971 Project Helios is a turn-based strategy game set in a frozen post apocalypse and due to release Q2 2020.

1971 Project Helios is a turn-based strategy game which combines modern warfare military tactics and close combat. Firearms and vehicles are scarce, conflicts and hostilities have no end, and the terrible freezing cold annihilates friends and foes in its path.

Eight characters have to join forces for a common cause: find an important scientist kidnapped by a massive stratocracy. Along their way they will have to avoid raider attacks, investigate military headquarters, and infiltrate into the territory of a dangerous anti-technological religious sect.

FEATURES

• Tactical Combat Fight against three different factions, each one with its unique units, strategy and advantages. Soldiers, snipers, slippery bandits, knights immune to cold... Study your enemies, plan out every move and adapt to all confrontations!
  • Exploration Travel through various locations, from military enclaves to medieval dungeons. There you can search for fulgor, new equipment for your characters, and pieces of information of the world you are in and the factions you face.
  • Skill Trees As you find equipment compatible with each character, you can unlock and upgrade new skills, and combine them to make the perfect builds for your strategy.
  • Resource Management Use all the fulgor you can find to defreeze your HP, decrease the cooldowns, and reanimate your fallen units.
STORY

The campaign sets in a frozen world, in which eight people - each one with its own problems and interests - join in a sort of temporary alliance, to find one particular person: Dr Margaret Blythe. On the trail of her whereabouts, they will travel and fight shoulder to shoulder, and they inevitably get to know the others. Depending on some strategic and personal decisions, you will guide this characters right to one of three possible endings.
More information.

I'm not completely down with the art style, but the rest looks like it could be up my alley.
Definitely keeping an eye on this one!

I'm with you 100%. The graphics style is opposite to the rave party BGM.
Still could be interesting, but we need more info about this title.

I am completely the opposite here. I think the graphics are ok, but the sound design felt pretty cheap. I actually like harsh electro music, but in that video it's kind of repelling. The sound effects also weren't really good. And then top of all the gameplay doesn't look very inviting. Seems to be a 1 to 1 copy of XComs 2 Action and Cover system. In eddition the delay between all the actions will probably drive you mad.

I could make out WTF is happening with that turn-based combat. Do the characters have swords?? Is this medieval? Or the entire UI is so messed up, this will become
A V O I D W A R E™?

Looks alright to me, will be interested in reading reviews.

Back
Top Bottom