HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The strategy RPG Troubleshooter has been released:

Troubleshooter

Everything that SRPG could possibly be.
Troubleshooter: The Abandoned Children is the first episode of a turn-based strategy SRPG that takes place in the world of Troubleshooter.

Valhalla, the unstable nation

Valhalla is a free trading nation erected by three world powers for their own benefits after the world war. In an attempt to control the nation, three world powers banned the army from Valhalla. Due to the circumstances, public order in Valhalla is always unstable and thus in Valhalla year ten, Valhalla government makes a bold decision.

The birth of Troubleshooter
The Valhalla government grants civilians the right to investigate and arrest criminals in order to lower the rising crime rate. People call them Troubleshooter.

The beginning of your and every others' stories
10 years have passed since the introduction of the troubleshooter system. Albus, a 20-year-old young man, becomes an official troubleshooter. Albus first starts his company on his own but soon takes in many colleagues as he solves various cases. All the new members of the company have their own motivations and stories. You will be experiencing a variety of missions in Valhalla through their stories.

Specialized classes. Over 600 masteries. More than 200 additional masteries
All characters in Troubleshooter have their own unique classes. Each character can rank up to the upper class, and the role of your character changes according to the class.

All characters in Troubleshooter can acquire various masteries according to their levels and classes. Furthermore, you can activate additional effects by combinations of masteries. Utilizing this, you can make a character for your unique strategy.

Such masteries can be acquired by leveling your character up. However, in most cases, you can acquire masteries from enemies. In other words, you can take your enemies' unique traits and apply them to your characters.

More than 80 unique missions
There are more than 80 unique missions in Troubleshooter. All missions are designed independently, and all of them have their own unique circumstances.

More than 200 unique cut scenes
Troubleshooter uses more than 200 cut scenes to portray the story.

The creativity SRPG can have

As new characters join your company, playable content will be unlocked according to their roles. For example, if you recruit a hunter character, you will be able to tame beasts. You will be able to craft drones if you recruit engineers.

Things to consider before purchasing

• We support offline mode, which is for those who have an unstable internet connection.
  • Multi-playing contents will be added continuously, and for safe and fair user information, we require your internet connection on online mode.
  • There will be updates and maintenances, which will be announced in advance.
    You will not have access to the online mode of the game during this time.
  • Time Required: 2 hours (Can change)
  • The period of the update can change according to the contents at work.
More information.

I bought it. The game is a bit strange (in a positive way) but is very fun.

It's plays similar to xcom, yet some things are very different.
The first major difference is there are no irritating timers. No clock is ticking anywhere, you can pick whatever missions you want and whenever you want to.
Sure, during some missions there is a sort of timer that when expired a few more hostiles or your reinforcements will arrive, but that won't risk you heartstrokes like xcom doomsday clock.

There are no fixed class presets but you can tailor and micromanage "the squad" skills, equipment is randomized like in diablo (different bonuses on drops), there is crafting and upgrading stuff later, etc etc.
The final major difference is: missions branch based to your choices. In one of earliest missions you can ignore a pair of neutrals, they'll just leave. Or you can ask for help where one of them will stay and help you. Or you can mock them where the other one of them will stay and help.
That's the main story mission, but another example is a repeatable mission where after you save civillians you may pull out and end the mission or stay and exterminate a sort of wild dogs for some loot and XP.

Sadly, as it happens, all good things last short. I got myself a gamestopper bug where I can't continue the game. Upon continuing (loading my offline save), it says data error. Reverting to previous savegame didn't help. Well damn.
I'm playing the offline mode not because I don't want mmo (it doesn't exist yet anyway), but because i wanted a control over my savegames. So much for that.
Reinstalling the game didn't help.
I'm not the only person with the issue. Reported it to devs.

One more thing. There is a reputation bar with everyone in the game. I have no idea what happens when you get those full or at a status different than "neutral", so don't ask me yet if there are romances. ;)

EDIT:
Managed to "fix" the savegame problem.
If anyone gets the same bug:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/4703...726179567617305/?ctp=176#c2268068817148775130

Last edited:
Developer already said relationships max at 'friendly'... so I think somebody needs to make a mod :nod:

This does sound interesting but all gameplay I found in my quick search is in japanese (or whatever language that is). How does the English version of the game play?

What episodes?
The game is supposed to be completed. The "roadmap" is an expansion, still unclear if standalone or merged to the vanilla game. I can ask, but it'll form a wrong impression on devs side - they'll think I'm interested and I'm not.
Regardless, the expansion won't appear soon.

Note also that the voiceover will remain korean - there are no plans to record any other language (no funds). I'm saying that because some people for whatever reason… Can't stand original languages. Dunno why, but I guess that's a choice.
So if you don't want a game where people don't speak english, well, skippit.

Last edited:
An update in case someone bought the game and stumbles upon the corrupted save bug and needs step by step solution. Some guy (whith whom I was discussing it previously) tested a few such corrupted saves and believes he has a workaround:
Okay guys, after lots of testing, I've figured out what causes the Corrupted Save File and a good workaround it.

What causes it is the fact that whenever you start the game, your game does something to that save file during the loading and that causes the save file to break and become corrupted.

So, how do you fix this? After you close your game, make a backup of your game.sav.

Before you start, delete all the save files.

When you start the game, the game will create new save files (for whatever reason).

Go to Online.

Replace the save file with your backup.

Go back to offline and start the game.

A few screen shots showing how it's done:

https://imgur.com/a/fWlw7hc
I have no idea if this is Unity problem or devs screwed something with the game saving process.

Me? I'm having a blast with the game so far. No save corruption in the new playthrough and so far did not see any bug at all, 30ish hours in.
Why the new playthrough one might ask. Well… Because I was not happy with my progress and too late discovered something my certain choices were bad. If the time allows I'll open a hints thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom