Druidstone - Retrospective Review @ RPG Crawler

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The RPG Crawler has reviewed Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest:

Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest

A review of the tactical rpg/puzzle rpg Druidstone The Secret of the Menhir Forest.
More information.

Anything with the word menhir needs to have a reference to Asterix & Obelix, from René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo fame. It is a crying shame that none of the official Asterix & Obelix computer games have been worth my time. Perhaps one day there will be an Asterix & Obelix mod for the various iterations of Rome Total War. I wonder if there are any references in games to the IP.

I had much hope for this game, but I don't like puzzle battles and timers.

Me too. I play turn-based games more than any other type. I really liked the art style and picked this up at launch. I hate it. Every level has a timer that continuously spawns wave after wave of new enemies. And your characters have a fixed number of times they can use their abilities per battle. It forces you to play aggressively and fast, which I don’t enjoy.

I had much hope for this game, but I don't like puzzle battles and timers.

agree.

that's because it isn't an rpg but just a puzzle game that was marketed as the game it isn't

Last edited:
I'm in the same camp on this one... it looked like a game I should love but really, the design is, for me, incredibly frustrating and not enjoyable.

Clearly though, looking at the reviews on Steam, there are a lot of people who do like it.

I found it a fun puzzle game with some light RPG elements. Finished it and enjoyed it, but seriously doubt I'll play it again.

Back
Top Bottom