Kingmaker - Beta Test for Turn-Based Option

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gabrielarantest spotted the beta test annoucement for Pathfinder: Kingmaker 2.1:

Beta Test for Pathfinder: Kingmaker Update 2.1 is now Live!

Pathfinders,

It is less than a month until the release of Pathfinder: Kingmaker Definitive Edition for PC and consoles. With this update comes turn-based mode and a number of fixes. In preparation for this, we are launching a beta for 2.1! In this test, you will be able to play in the turn-based mode. We have put a lot of work into it and now we are ready to present it to you. We hope that you will love it and share your thoughts about it.

If you find any bugs you can report them using the in-game bug report feature by pressing F11. You can use the same tool to provide feedback to us - just choose the "Suggestion" option under the text window.

You can find how to join the beta-test here.

Patch notes are here.
More information.

My guess was it wasn't the original focus. The TB portion was only added later on in the campaign. I remember them mentioning it's based off the older Kingmaker mod.

I meant the beta testing. The update and console release is only a little more than three weeks from now.

Realistically, it doesn't need much testing.

1. Their internal mechanics already closely mimic rounds, turns, and other PnP contrivances.
  2. They have a template to follow in the TB mod, should any confusion arise.

It'll be fun to replay with this patch, but the mod is a lot to live up to considering that it worked 100% perfectly in my experience.

Me to as I prefer playing RTwP but I might try TB on my second play-through.:nod:

I mean you can toggle the mod on and off. And you should be able to do the same for the patch-based mode as well. There's little reason to stick with RTwP 100% of the time unless you're playing on the easiest difficulty possible. Turn-based is a blessing when the sheer chaos of real-time and higher difficulties collide. But to each their own.

I forgot that it was a toggle in this game, but I doubt I'd use it very often or at all. To me, it would seem jarring to suddenly go from one to the other.

Good turn-based combat = fast turn-based combat. And the key to that is interruptible animations, for instance with a mouse click. Some wargames do it like that, and it's faster than RTS games.

And also : faster kills ! RTwP have plenty of mobs with large hit points, heroes with low damage weapons, or low hit chances, and long attack phases or cool downs, so that you can see what happens. This needs to be changed. In a word : deadlier combat.

Im not testing anything. But when this is out and working, I will give Kingmaker another playthrough. Looking forward.

It's a great news for those who want to play Kingmaker in TB mode! For me, nothing changes since I enjoy RTwP more :)

You sound like half the CEOs I had the "pleasure" to work with as a developer…
It's even worse with features. "This feature can't take longer than 1 day to implement. Don't we have it similar in this other product? So it's actually already there!"

Just fyi, the TB beta totally screws up most of the mods I use, including Call of the Wild, Cheat Menu, Bag of Tricks, and many others.

It's not surprising at all, just disappointing. Still tried it anyway, and was not overly impressed when compared to the mod. The interface is a tad spiffier, but other than that, it's fine for anyone who hasn't used the TB mod.

Not a fan of TB myself, but I wish all games would have both TB and RTwP as an option. Looking at you BG3

I've never gotten back to completing my first play-through of this game, so now I'll simply wait until the turn-based option is fully implemented, and has been tested beyond the exhaustive point.

I'm holding of on a restart until this is ready. Looking forward to it for the big boss battles.

Back
Top Bottom