Skyrim - Skywind Gameplay Demo

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new gameplay demo for Skyrim mod Skywind.

It's been one year since our last gameplay demo and a few months since our last developer update. The "Battle at Nchurdamz" represents some of the progress we have made in every avenue of development - world region design, sound effects, quests, 2D concepts, 3D modelling, implementation, mechanics, weather/atmosphere, voice acting, and more.

One of the most exciting things in this video---although it may not look like much right now---is that we finally have simplified the process for creating custom creature skeletons and animations! Our Dwemer spider was the first test using these tools, and in fact uses a different skeleton than the Skyrim Dwemer spider. This marks a major milestone in our development, as these tools have been in the works for years. This opens the door to all sorts of new creature animations, such as for the guar, betty netch, silt strider, kwama, and much more.

The lifeblood of Skywind is the passion of its volunteer team. Our motivation is to do justice to a game that helped define the RPG genre, and we'd love to have more contributors help bring this mod to life. As we continue to finalize quests and dungeons like those shown in the demo, we are seeking applicants with voice acting, level design, coding, 3D modeling, and Creation Kit experience to join our team.
More information.

That looks good and you have to admire the dedication of these mod teams. Though I usually have a hard time getting these overhaul mods to work with all my other mods.

Hopefully this doesn't became another unfinished project.:)

Skyrim was the most fantastic technological innovation of the series, IMO. The ice caves shader looked absolutely fantastic.

The only thing missing from Skyrim imo was more simulationism. Bethesda need to get serious about world building and try and make those elements work for future games.

The only thing missing from Skyrim imo was more simulationism. Bethesda need to get serious about world building and try and make those elements work for future games.

Whole heartily agree as more open world RPG developer are emerging. They can't sit at the top and expect to continue doing business as usual. Need to show why they are the best.

Starfiled should be a good example if they don't mess up.:)

I don't really track any of the modder projects. "If" they release an end product, then I look and judge and perhaps play. Otherwise, it's just a waste of mental bandwidth and I only have 300 baud.

Back
Top Bottom