Mortal Shell - Review @ Selectbutton

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Selectbutton has reviewed the action RPG Mortal Shell:

Mortal Shell Review

The easiest way to describe Mortal Shell to someone unfamiliar would be to call it a Souls-like and leave it at that, but that would be a clear disservice to the love and passion put into the game from the small veteran team at Cold Symmetry. Although a more modest-sized game, it should take around 12 to 15 hours to beat, it is packed with well-designed mechanics and fresh ideas to the highly successful formula that should attract Dark Souls fanatics and newcomers alike.

[...]

Simply Put

Mortal Shell may be a smaller Souls-like adventure, but the passion from the developers and unique mechanics results in one of the best entries in the genre. The clever body-swapping class system ensures diversity across any playstyle, all of which are viable. The familiarity system encourages the use of items instead of hoarding them for boss encounters. Mortal Shell is one of the best options for newcomers to the genre, even though the opening hours can be quite challenging.

Score: 8/10 - Great
More information.

i dont get the love this game is getting.
immortal unchained was 5 times the game this is and it barely registered.
i guess people are just suckers for medieval fantasy / swords stuff whatever its called. while i fkin hate it

I preferred mortal shell to immortal unchained. the gameplay is more responsive and it visuals are in a completely different class. my problem with mortal shell is that it is incredibly short and has extremely shallow development and almost no customisation.

I’ve never heard of immortal unchained. I’ll have to give it a look.

I played the demo of mortal shell and quite liked it. I’ll be picking up the full game shortly.

I admit I’m giving them a bit of a pass since its a first attempt by a very small team. If they make a sequel I’ll hold them to higher expectations.

Back
Top Bottom