KoA: Re-Reckoning - Gameplay Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming The first gameplay trailer has been released for Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning.

"Three paths are available to forge your fate. Choosing Finesse will grant you access to the ways of a silent hunter and vicious rogue. With an arsenal of daggers, Fae-Blades, and bows you will deal precise damage to your enemies. Use traps, bombs, poison, or other elements to stay one step ahead of your adversaries. Going for Finesse means going for a nasty playstyle: stay stealthy and hidden and strike with surprise on your side. Deliver critical hits, let your enemies bleed out, or suffer from poison."

More information.

Sorry, I was too busy snickering at the sneaky guy in full plate armor... I hope he oiled that thing!

Am I the only one not impressed at all? I was expecting a lot more for a re-release. Can hardly spot the graphical difference.

THQ responded to complaints like this on the Youtube thread with "Most improvement went into the numbers! Hard to show now but you'll definitely feel the difference".

Not sure if that combined with another expansion for a game that was already too long and still looks and runs fine on current systems will be worth it.

Still keeping an eye on it, but I'm not convinced it will be worth the purchase.

Have they said whether they're doing anything about the balancing issues, or is it just about better graphics and 4k resolution etc?

Instead of respawning everything, they'll respawn one less trashmob and one more chest per map.

I canceled my preorder after that lackluster trailer. No visible improvements that I can see... maybe a little sharper, but that's it. I had preordered the Fate Edition to save $5, but the trailer saved me $50. I'll look for it on Game Pass within a few months.

Yea, like others have said, I am not impressed. It seems like the exact same game to be honest. I don't know what exactly is remastered

There's a new difficulty added, reworked loot tables, reworked numbers for determining levels of zones, XP gain reduced, made difficulty easier to tweak for modders, you'll get more loot geared towards ur class etc.

There's a new difficulty added, reworked loot tables, reworked numbers for determining levels of zones, XP gain reduced, made difficulty easier to tweak for modders, you'll get more loot geared towards ur class etc.

Those seem lIke worthwhile changes as lack of difficulty and locking level zones were my 2 biggest complaints.

The graphics are good enough for me. I’ll pick it up at some point.

Whilst graphically unimpressive, if they've remastered the gameplay & world so it's more balanced & fun I'll take that every day of the week.

Haven't thought about this game since I played about 1/2 way through it back in 2012 so it would be a little helpful if the devs or publishers could narrate or throw up some text describing what's been improved. I can barely remember this mostly forgettable game as it is...

As a game I really liked a lot about it. For me it was just too bloated, too full of junk loot, too easy, and essentially a core of quality drowned out by MMO tropes.

If they've addressed these to a fair degree then this could really be worth it. The main quest was good, as were most the main side quests too. The combat was fun, the vibe lush, and it had some real potential.

It was just a tiresome chore getting to all that good stuff.

THQ responded to complaints like this on the Youtube thread with "Most improvement went into the numbers! Hard to show now but you'll definitely feel the difference".

What the heck? They should've went for a patch for the original game then.
Cash grab much?

We usually get those tweaks and fixes for FREE… It's called a PATCH.

Back
Top Bottom