General News - On the Radar - October 2020 @ TBL

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Like every month The Turn Based Lovers checked out the upcoming turn-based games:

On the Radar - October 2020

All the upcoming turn-based games of October 2020

They are the topic of the moment, everybody talks about them, everybody pretends to love or hate them, everybody even dreams about them at night! And now, now that they are really arriving, everybody will have to deal with them.
What I'm talking about? Nah, don't play ignorant on me, you know I'm talking about the next-gen consoles!

These are the facts. Two weeks ago, I decided to give back my PS4 to Gam****p because there was a promotion. They were ready to evaluate my PS4 very well, granting me a wonderful voucher to buy a brand-new PS5 in November. I should have been happy, but when I went back home I wasn't happy at all.
The reason has something to do with my visceral love for the turn-based games. During these years I've always had a console (since the PS2!) but for all this time I've never played on console any damned turn-based game, and this is not because there weren't any of them, but because turn-based games and Personal Computer are a single thing.

For me, trying to play a turn-based game on a console is like attempting to play soccer with the slippers. You can try, you can even make a good shot or two, but - simply - it isn't funny.

So what is the conclusion of all this chat? I don't know about you, but I think I will continue to play with my personal computer and nothing else. And what about my brand new PS5, are you wondering? I don't know, maybe I could use it to make a decent coffee...

[...]

• Baldur's Gate 3 (E.A.) - 6th October
  • Ikenfell - 8th October
  • Epicinium - 12th October
  • October Night Games - 15th October
  • Ring of Pain - 15th October
  • Crown Trick - 16th October
  • Solasta (E.A.) - 20th October
  • Tenderfoot Tactics - 21st October
  • Raiders! - 23rd October
  • Dreadlands - 29th October
[...]