Nox Archaist

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
You crawl ashore, spluttering out sea water, clutching your knife. Every muscle aches from struggling against the storm. Now, shipwrecked and bereft of sword and armor, how can you hope to investigate the Dark Void and destroy the Cult?

Nox Archaist is a tile-based, 8-bit, sword-and-sorcery role-playing game modeled after the iconic games of the 1980s. As the player, you control a party of adventurers who travel the Realm, visiting towns and castles, exploring dungeons, and fighting monsters. As your characters grow in wealth and experience, they will face ever greater foes and challenges as you seek to save the world from an unknown and terrible danger.

More information.

The game runs on MacOS and Windows 7 & 10, or on Apple IIe, IIc, IIGS. You can buy a digital download or a boxed set with game manual, map, USB thumb drive, and other goodies, at http://shop.noxarchaist.com.

Game trailer:

What seems missing for me because of the Apple II context, it's a UI that isn't based on keyboard and plenty key commands.

Last times I tried such UI it never worked for me, otherwise I would be curious, and at least in Mac context it's looking like a possibly interesting RPG release (stopped dig when I realized the UI problem).

Back
Top Bottom