Enderal - Now Becoming Compatible with Skyrim Special Edition

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer reports that Skyrim mod Enderal is becoming compatible with the special edition.

Last month SureAI, the team behind the hugely popular Skyrim overhaul Enderal, announced they have moved on to focus on a commercial project, and won't be updating Enderal to be compatible with Skyrim Special Edition (the original version required "Oldrim" to play). However, fans have since taken on the task and created a version of Enderal that runs in the Skyrim Special Edition engine, with a Steam release on the way.

Advantages of being able to play Enderal in Skyrim Special Edition include "smoother image quality and improved lighting effects" as well as "Best performance and stability", they say. It also makes a VR version possible, and someone's working on a VR mod already.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Guess you can always count on fans it seems. Anyway the Special Edition is mostly more light effects and better stability. Still I'm not interested in the VR version though.

I really enjoyed playing Enderal when it first released, maybe even a bit more than I did Skyrim. It was not an easy game at all, lots to figure out and some significant challenges along the way. I'm glad to see them incorporating the Skyrim version that likely most are using these days.

Yep most probably play the Skyrim Special Edition. I'm just a sad a few older mods never got updated for the newer version though. Also not a fan of the new light renders.

Yet most modern games overuse light and shadows nowadays.:(

I never bothered to move to Skyrim SE despite getting it for free (as did all Steam users). My game was already stable, and all they did to the graphics was bleach them out even more than the original game, something I was already using mods to change.

Skyrim SE was free, but the catch was that you had to own all the DLC.

I never did get around to trying Enderal. I've heard good things, but I'm not a big fan of total conversion mods, and it probably would have just floundered in my already bloated backlog.

Back
Top Bottom