HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Redglyph spotted the February update for the System Shock remake:

February Update

Welcome back Hackers!

We've got a very special update this month - as you are aware we're releasing our final demo and opening pre-orders on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store which should be available as you read this. This is a major milestone in our development of System Shock and once again we'd like to thank you for your continued patience and support while we diligently create the experience you originally backed all those years ago.

Our development road was bumpy (to say the least) - but ultimately what you're playing is the vision and experience we set out to create and the adversity and challenges we've faced along the way has only improved the final game. The team has evolved and grown considerably and we hope that the end product will meet your expectations. With all that said we are planning on a late Summer 2021 release date.

On to the demo - Let's run through all the updates!

• NEW Cyberspace Level! (tame those cyber doggies!)
  • NEW Crew Audio Logs! (no devs this time!)
  • NEW SHODAN Audio! (Terri is back!)
  • NEW Dismemberment! (if Viva Pinata were rated M!)
  • NEW Proximity Mines! (don't get too close!)
  • NEW Bugs! (tell us what you find :D)
  • NEW Enemies! (the repair bot is flamin' hot!)
  • NEW GenerativeMusic System! (never the same song twice!)
  • NEW Snack! (make your selection at the Snacktron!)
  • NEW Save Feature! (what a novelty!)
  • NEW Notes System! (USB 1.1 support!)
  • NEW Difficulty Modes! (crank it all the way up to 3!)
  • NEW Destructibility! (smash that glass!)
  • NEW DLSS Support! (update your drivers for your RTX card!)
  • NEW Trailer! (a ton of new reveals!)
  • NEW Nightdive intro! (who's that lurking in the depths?)
  • NEW Secrets! (first to post a picture of the special skull to our Twitter wins a prize!)
So check it out and please tell us what you think - we value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

-Stephen

Demo Live here:

Steam

GOG

Epic Store
More information.

Nice of them to put the demo on different platforms!

I haven't followed the development closely, but the videos of the demo are pretty impressive. They seem to have preserved the feel of System Shock but revamped everything on the Unreal engine.

Yeah, I'm pleased to see it available on so many different platforms! Pretty smart of them, a game like this deserves to be more than just some exclusive offering.

I downloaded the demo last night and played it very briefly. There are some graphical improvement and addtional sound effects compared to the last version. The mutants in particular are noticeably improved.

They've also made some minor changes to the level and location of some items. I'm going to try to play through it later tonight.

Speaking of disks, just saw this, that made me laugh ;)

Good stuff. :)

Yeah, I think it's looking better as it goes along. I see their enthusiasm for retina-rattling contrast, saturation and bloom remain undiminished. I keep hoping to see an update with an art pass that tones that down.

Looks stunning! I'm so very happy that a REAL PC game is being developed! Seeing this project gives me immense relief from the stress enduring the Mass Global Madness that has gripped PtBs causing chaos on this muddy little mudball called "Earth".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom