Farathan - Upcoming Gothic like RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Click4Gameplay takes a close look at Gothic inspired Action RPG Farathan.

Farathan is an upcoming open world RPG inspired by the Gothic series, but does it have any potential?

Check out the Steam page here.

Dark-medieval-fantasy RPG with an open world.It will take you to the various world of the Elion province. 15 years after your father, the Emperor has conquered it, and faded into the mist of the eastern provinces after a great battle with the orcs. These are uncertain times, a civil war is close to break out. Fueled with the rumors of the Emperor death and whispers from the agents of a secret organization called Farathan.

The game wants to recover the pleasure of exploring by not guiding the player with markers where to go.
Listen to what they say on the streets and discover your own way!

Swords, axes, bows, magic, unlimited inventory.
More information.

Hopefully, those are placeholder graphics because otherwise they suck. Might as well do RPGMaker if that's your best artwork.

Hopefully, those are placeholder graphics because otherwise they suck. Might as well do RPGMaker if that's your best artwork.
Small developer on a shoe-string budget. So yeah it's not to bad.:p

I for one look forward to playing it as long as it doesn't cost more then $25.

It might be OK, those graphics are suitable for Gothic. Not sure about the combat though. Half decent Patrick Stewart impression. :)

I like the no-marker idea.

Careful bald action heroes were staples of EuroJank RPGs.:biggrin:

Well that and military buzz-cuts.

Sorry but I am not impressed.

Go play Genshin Impact again this game isn't for you.:p

Some of the best games I've played in the past fifteen years have been rpg maker types. The proof in this one will be how the actual combat functions, if there is a coherent/enjoyable story, and just how robust is the exploration factor.

I added this to my watchlist after seeing the description, but tbh, it doesn't look very good.

There have been other games over the years that cited Gothic as an inspiration, but I've yet to play one that even comes close to having the same atmosphere.

At this point, their reach exceeds their grasp. Will wait and see how it progresses.

Back
Top Bottom