Biomutant - Preview

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The CadWoman checked out the the kung-fu action RPG Biomutant:

Before You Buy BIOMUTANT - Everything you need to know! (Preview)

A short review to the kung-fu action RPG Biomutant with news & info on Storyline, World, Combat, Gameplay Mechanics, Character and Weapon Creation and everything else you need to know before you buy the game. What it is about, what you can expect after launch and if it is worth buying. The game will be released on May 25th on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Series X/S.
More information.

Nice preview. I've seen some people comment that they think the game looks like it's all about combat, but exploration is obviously a major aspect here as well.

Nice preview. I've seen some people comment that they think the game looks like it's all about combat, but exploration is obviously a major aspect here as well.
Something like that even happened for Dishonored (or Dishonored 2, I forgot, which one): The first preview-videos I saw were all about cool ways to kill people and creatures. People seeing only these could assume, that it was mainly a fighting game.

If my only knowledge about Dishonored had come from these videos, I would never have bought it, because I am not interested in fighting-only games. But nothing could have been farther from the truth for Dishonored, because you can play it completely non-lethally.

So it is good, when developers learn that fighting scenes are not the only thing people want to see in preview-videos.

Edit: A very similar issue: Biomutant is called a kung fu game in the OP. On a first glance this could mean that it is melee only. This would be a turn-off for me as I prefer to play ranged characters and would probably not buy a melee-only game. But the videos show that you can also use ranged weapons, so I have some hope...

Last edited:
Something like that even happened for Dishonored (or Dishonored 2, I forgot, which one): The first preview-videos I saw were all about cool ways to kill people and creatures. People seeing only these could assume, that it was mainly a fighting game.

I believe that this has to do with ... what i call this "age of action" :
Nowadays, people assume *always* , that a game is a fighting game, a game in which a player can prove his manliness by solving problems through killing in the game.

Exploration ? Is not "action", is therefore boring, and is not brought into the focus.
Although ... it is even a step - or several steps - above social interaction and riddles, which are considered even more "unmanly" and therefore boring.

Something like that even happened for Dishonored (or Dishonored 2, I forgot, which one): The first preview-videos I saw were all about cool ways to kill people and creatures.

These videos are

a) tailored towards an audience of which developers believe that the audiance mostly - or even exclusively - want "cool ways to kill people and creatures"

b) shown by youtubers who believe that games are or should be about nothing but "cool ways to kill people and creatures"

The bad thing is, imho, that both a) and B) are true !

And that this is a sign of how much degenerated the PC platform has - but I was saying that already 10 years or more ago.

On the PC platform, there exists in the mainsteam ( ! ) currently nothing but kill games, which are games in which a player can prove his manliness by solving problem through in-game killing.

These are, as well, games which produce LOTS of adrenaline.
Think of adrenaline as a drug, and game publishers as the drug dealers.

tl;dr : Not only do developers believe that the main audience is a male one which explicitely wants "action" and killing in games, but also the main stream audience believes that !

Back
Top Bottom