Mass Effect: Legendary Edition - Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Noisy Pixel has reviewed Mass Effect Legendary Edition:

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition Review - A Reunion in Space

When the Mass Effect Legendary Edition was announced back on N7 day or otherwise known as November 7, I couldn't hold back my excitement. This is what I had wanted for quite a while: a way to play Mass Effect without needing to take out my older systems or deal with the PC port of the first game. However, when I heard there would be massive tweaks added to Mass Effect 1, my favorite in the series, I became more skeptical.

[...]

Mass Effect Legendary Edition has so much to offer fans and newcomers despite Mass Effect 1 showing its age in some areas. The collection does a great job of preserving these titles for future generations to create their own Shepards and experience this space adventure. Thankfully, there's plenty of quality-of-life systems addressed in this remaster, making it one that is packed with exciting narratives and memorable action.

Score: 8/10
More information.

Did anyone ask this reviewer where else they saw an alien dating sim of this form?
Oh wait…

Typical ignorant imdb user who puts a pointless number (any) on a timeloop movie stating "it's not scary" as if it was horror or something.

Sure, one might say why am I protesting, 8 is a good score…
I do not care about meaningless number but am protesting on the review concept of a few sentences that say almost absolutely nothing about the game.

I mean, the reviewer played it on console, so at that point all he writes is a waste of what could have been a beautiful blank page.

Well, first ME was initially X360 exclusive, wasnt it? So I suppose its console game by design. I wouldnt prefer console version myself, but dont see problem here.

Well, first ME was initially X360 exclusive, wasnt it? So I suppose its console game by design. I wouldnt prefer console version myself, but dont see problem here.

It was, but only as a product of the tug of war for the exclusivity of great titles that has been raging for so many years now, particularly between Microsoft and Sony. Getting any good sounding game from a prestigious studio under exclusivity was a won battle, and Mass Effect suffered from it for a few months, until its PC release. The game only really reached its pinnacle and splendour when it made it to PC because that's where its real target audience was.

Either way, not to say his opinion is less valid, it's just the way he speaks gives away that he doesn't even seem to be judging Mass Effect as a RPG.

It's really too bad this stuff comes out waaay too late for me to even bother. The ME franchise is my favorite gaming experience, but I've played it enough. I suppose it introduces new gamers to the franchise, but I wonder how much untapped revenue is out there to justify the cost?

It's really too bad this stuff comes out waaay too late for me to even bother. The ME franchise is my favorite gaming experience, but I've played it enough. I suppose it introduces new gamers to the franchise, but I wonder how much untapped revenue is out there to justify the cost?

The changes are somewhat modest overall. The first game received more attention - but I'd still call it a medium effort remaster at best.

I have absolutely zero doubt it's very, very profitable in terms of cost versus revenue.

Probably at least a million copies sold in the end - if not several million.

Going by the usual Steam formula (50 x reviews) - it's around 350.000 copies sold right now, just for the Steam version. Then you have other PC platforms (it's an Origin platform remaster) and then you have both last gen and current gen consoles. If it's less than 1.5 million copies right now, I'd be surprised - and that's just the first week.

I doubt the cost involved is even one tenth of what a full game would have cost to make, considering the norm for AAA team sizes and 3+ years of development.

In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if this remaster turns out to be more profitable than the original trilogy - from an investment to reward point of view.

Back
Top Bottom