Tainted Grail: Conquest - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The deck-building rogue-like Tainted Grail: Conquest has been released:

Tainted Grail: Conquest

A unique, infinitely replayable, story-driven hybrid between a deck-building Roguelike and an RPG game. Explore the ever-changing maps, fight with deadly enemies, and learn what happened to the cursed island of Avalon.
More information.

Anyone have this? Would love to hear your opinion on it.

I played it for an hour, shortly before the 1.0 release. Combat is similar to Slay the Spire. The monsters are proper weird and lean more towards horror than fantasy. There is a mechanic on the map where you need a special kind of torch to go through "the Wyrd" otherwise you go insane (?), which I didn't like that much (it also makes it hard to see much where you are going).

I didn't play more because I had some trouble with camera angles and widescreen, but I expect to give it another try once it had a few more patches.

Yup it's basically like slay the spire with a few different upgrade mechanics.

The fog is there as an additional mechanic whereby you cant just try exploring everything without there being a cost to it.

Yup it's basically like slay the spire with a few different upgrade mechanics.

The fog is there as an additional mechanic whereby you cant just try exploring everything without there being a cost to it.

Awesome...may have to get this...I loved slay the spire.

Well, it is also worth noting that they'll be releasing another version of this game which will be a narrative-driven RPG - not a roguelike. That version of the game is what was originally promised in the board game kickstarter and got bumped back to follow this roguelike version. So if this isn't your cup of tea, the other game might be (which is the one I'm looking forward to... the original alpha of that game was pretty decent imo).

Back
Top Bottom