Gedonia - Early Access Impressions

I had quite a bit of fun with this back in the early days. Unfortunately, the developer seems to have changed the idea of the game from those days and it feels like a combat-fest more than a deeper rpg now. I haven't played it in a while though, so maybe he moved back from trying to please those who wanted hardcore combat all the time.

That one has been sitting on my steam wish list for a while… but I just don't know. I'm certainly not a fan of the blockish art style.

I bought this game in October last year, and gave up after 2.5 hours. I saw its potential, but felt it needed a lot more development before I'd return to it. Luckily the developer still seems keen, because it looks like a whole heap has been added.
Then again, I never got past the first zone, which really only had fairly basic quests at the time, and am uncertain how many of the more fleshed out zones (mentioned in the review) existed at the time.
Either way, looks like it might be worth returning to!

I played it 60 hours, which was roughly 5 or 6 starts and then one full play of the content as it existed in June 2020. I played it the the one week I was forced to "work from home".

Convinced the powers that be that I need to be on site if a network switch goes down; even though I live about 5 miles from work ;)

Looks like something I’d try but I don’t do early access. I’ve wish listed this and I’ll give it a go when it’s done.

Back
Top Bottom