KotOR - Opening Sequence Recreated

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Unreal Cinema The opening sequence for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic has been recreated in Unreal Engine 5.

First look at the up-coming KOTOR series! This render acts both as a recreation of the original beginning of KOTOR as well as the opening sequence for our KOTOR miniseries using Unreal Engine 5!

I'm currently working on creating a Knights of the Old Republic based Mini-Series using Unreal Engine's Virtual Production Capabilities. Follow along here as the series progresses!
More information.

Nice to see it's ongoing, and that they had cleared up the licencing issues with LucasFilm back in April. It's still a little weird to me that he's not allowed to monetize the series and yet his channel has a big patreon sign.

EDIT: Here's their FAQ, for who's interested.

LENGTH OF EACH KOTOR EPISODE?
While originally the plan was to produce 10, 30-60 minute episodes, our vision has shifted. We are now producing about 30, 10-15 minute episodes. This will allow each episode to come out sooner and closer together!

KOTOR SERIES TIMELINE?
While we can’t give exact dates at this time, we are currently in Principal Production for the first episode of KOTOR. That first episode is scheduled to release End of Summer 2021!

[...]

Nice. It looks solid and polished. Is this a port of the original game, or a complete remake? I ask because if somebody were to successfully port the KOTOR game using this engine, this would certainly demonstrate the possibility of porting the entire range of Aurora engine-based games. The backend data read has already been solved with the Xoreos FLOSS project.

Nice. It looks solid and polished. Is this a port of the original game, or a complete remake? I ask because if somebody were to successfully port the KOTOR game using this engine, this would certainly demonstrate the possibility of porting the entire range of Aurora engine-based games. The backend data read has already been solved with the Xoreos FLOSS project.

I don't think it's a game at all. They appear to be making a series of short films for YouTube.

From their Patreon site:

We are creating high quality and detailed films and mini-series using Unreal Engine's Virtual Production. That includes everything from Star Wars Shorts, the Knights of the Old Republic mini-series, and original shorts.

So it appears to be films. No mention of games in my quick look.

Back
Top Bottom