Non-RPG General News - VTM: Blood Hunt @ Preview

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Mortismal Gaming checked out the free-to-play Battle Royal game VTM: Blood Hunt:

Check Out - VTM: Blood Hunt (Closed Alpha)

Showing some gameplay and whats available in Sharkmob's upcoming Vampire The Masquerade Battle Royale
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

The tags on Steam are

• Battle Royale
  • PvP
  • Third-Person
  • Shooter
  • Vampire

so I think it's only a borderline RPG - maybe I'm wrong.
Ah OK. Maybe it's borderline, to be honest I never played any of the series, I just saw it had RPG features (exploration, character class, attributes, normally story though it's apparently not in there so early...).

I was mostly curious about the criteria :)

In the tabletop game, a blood hunt is when a prince puts essentially a bounty on the head of a vampire and encourages other vampires to hunt them down and kill them. So its actually a plausable scenario to build a battle royale game around. That genre has absolutely zero interest for me, but the DOTA players on the forum (and there are a few of them) might find it interesting enough to give a try.

Same, I'd no inkling what that style even meant. After doing a tad bit of research, it seems something that I'd not care for. The concept of battle royale just seems way too chaotic for me to enjoy.

Goddamn DOTA genre almost ruined RTS strategy a few years back. I'm glad a few developers still make RTS games at least. To bad the style I like has fizzled out.

Example being Command & Conquer. Resource gathering, base building, single player campaigns and lets not forgot the cheesy mission videos which were icing on the cake.

to be honest I never played any of the series

whatamireading.png

Thanks, but I've just bought Planescape: Torment (another one I missed back then). Maybe one of these days though, I've heard good things on this game. :)
You could also try the original Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption. Just take note that game shows it's age but you can download a good texture pack to spruce it up.

Back
Top Bottom