Black Geyser - Thank You & First Update

Redglyph

proud GASP member
GrapeOcean Technologies posted their thanks after the Early Access of Black Geyser and started working on a first update, that they just released.

Thank You!

The release of Black Geyser went as expected - busy, hectic, and tinged with relief at seeing the light of day. First of all, THANK YOU. Thanks to all of you who have dived into the game, sent your feedback and reports, or posted your review. It's been a whirlwind 24 hours!

We go through everything you have written to us on the various channels and respond as much as we can. Sorry if we don't answer every individual post or comment, but we read them all, and they will be acted upon. As someone said in our discord, "Early Access means we listen to all feedback and consider them, to make this a great game together with our followers and players."

[...]

Update #1 Is Here!

[...]

Fixes:

• Hotkeys are now properly displayed in tooltip texts
  • The Burning effect now causes Heat damage in every case
  • Enerant fights can no longer make the Immobilized effect stuck on your character
  • Command Company buffs now provide tooltips
  • Fixes in Party Perks functionality
  • Throwing weapons cannot be put to projectile slots any longer
  • Select All Common buttons cannot break shops any longer
  • Krag cannot appear multiple times anymore in the area after you give him a potion
  • Candle-related bug fixes in the tutorial
Changes:

• Several extra Loading Screen hints have been added to further explain game features
  • Loading screen hints will inform you when you are ambushed during your travels
  • More accurate Journal Entries added
More information.

Hopefully the developer comment about a release in mid 2022 is true. I'm not kidding this game is already two years behind the original kickstarter development timeline.

Anyway thanks for the sharing the updates and videos this month.

I've seen Q1 2022 but mid-2022 seems safer to me. The game has only been exposed to the public.

I don't think I'll participate in the EA for this one, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

Oh nice on the WIKI. I haven't had time to play beyond the first hour of this. Besides still being busy with some existing games I also just started Encased and fell in love with it so far (played a total of 10 hours, mostly all on sunday when I had time). Then WoTR is released on 9/2 just around the corner, and Encased not much after that.

Horrible timing - just as the summer ends and school starts up. I work at a university so opening of fall, with added COVID complications, means busy busy - and we have a massive staff shortage across campus do to an early retirement incentive over a thousand people took across the system, not to mention many people just leaving). Anyhow means less game time just as more games I want to play are being released.

Time for me to early retire!

Oh nice on the WIKI. I haven't had time to play beyond the first hour of this. Besides still being busy with some existing games I also just started Encased and fell in love with it so far (played a total of 10 hours, mostly all on sunday when I had time). Then WoTR is released on 9/2 just around the corner, and Encased not much after that.

Horrible timing - just as the summer ends and school starts up. I work at a university so opening of fall, with added COVID complications, means busy busy - and we have a massive staff shortage across campus do to an early retirement incentive over a thousand people took across the system, not to mention many people just leaving). Anyhow means less game time just as more games I want to play are being released.

Time for me to early retire!
September is bad timing for many people, it's a strange choice. Who knows, maybe there wasn't any choice and they had to push it out.

There's a silver lining; if you progress more slowly in WotR, that'll give you more chance to get updates earlier in the game and to avoid annoying bugs :)

Good luck with all that!

Just for information, Fextralife has a wiki for Black Geyser.
https://blackgeyser.wiki.fextralife.com/Black+Geyser+Wiki
Another thanks for sharing the Wiki link.

One area I don't like is the looting penalties but then it fits the game.
I've seen Q1 2022 but mid-2022 seems safer to me. The game has only been exposed to the public.

I don't think I'll participate in the EA for this one, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it.
We''ll see. I'll follow Early Access now for the updates.

Back
Top Bottom