Fallen Enchantress: LH - Version 3.0

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted that Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes got an major update:

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes 3.0 adds new quests, champions, performance

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes v3.0 arrives

Version 3.0 of Stardock's fantasy civilization style game, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes gets updated to add more quests, heroes, city upgrades and general performance and stability improvements.

Conquer your enemies and explore the world of Elemental in Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes! We've updated this beloved classic with a new Tower of Knowledge faction structure, some highly requested AI improvements, and some performance updates that we know you'll love.

Elemental: Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes is a fantasy strategy game in which the player builds a civilization in the world of Elemental. This world was nearly destroyed by the War of Magic, and it is up to you to rebuild it.

Unlike most civilization games, the Elemental games put you into the game directly as a character.

Over the past year or so, players have been sending us their saved games so that we can use them to determine certain edge crash situation or stuck turn scenarios. We know that when it happens to you while you're playing that it doesn't feel like much of an "edge case," so we wanted to make sure to find and fix as many as possible.

To make tactical battles more interesting, we made some AI improvements and wrote some new code that should improve turn times substantially, especially on larger maps. Because of these performance gains and greater stability, we increased the map sizes just a bit as well.

[...]
More information.

I noticed this update this week and it got me to reinstall the game.

Verdict : The game hasn't aged very well. I remember enjoying it back then despite all its issues. Nowadays, I enjoy Warlock 2 or Eador more despite being pretty much the same age.

I played it for 3h and left it. Don't remember why. And not sure if it's worth another shot.

One of my favourite games of all-time. I've got about 300 hours in it and wish they'd do another true fantasy 4x (not the watered down Sorcerer King). It is definitely a bit janky in places and still has some rough edges and I guess that puts some people off but it also has some great depth.

I really liked the game, but the last version become very sluggish and unplayable on huge maps after a certain amount of turns. Might check the new version at some point, but now is Pathfinder time!

Yep still one of my of my favorite 4X games. Ranks well up there with Master of Magic. The original version though was a mess and I'm glad they were able to patch the game.

Generally don't enjoy 4x, but this is one of the few exceptions. Glad to see the developers still tweaking this game. Will be playing this again, didn't enjoy Sorcerer King. Would like to see them do another game in the franchise.

I'm another one that just played for a few hours then left the game. Now, Endless Legend seems to have done all this stuff better, so I've never bothered to go back.

Back
Top Bottom