Skyrim - Anniversary Edition Upgrade Overview Video

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The upgrade overview video for Skyrim: Anniversary Edition highlights some new additions.

Join members of the development team for a deep dive into what to expect with the 10th-anniversary celebrations of Skyrim, as well as details on the free, four new creations for owners of the Skyrim special edition, including a look at the Saints and Seducers expansion which features new armor sets and weapons, and more. The video also gives a look at the Rare Curios creation and Survival Mode, as well as the Fishing Mode.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition arrives on November 11, 2021 and comes bundled with all previously released club creations, along with the four free creations, new gameplay modes, and more.
More information.

I hear this version of Skyrim will break a lot of mods since they switched to a new compiler that effectively reshuffles function addreses and other locations in the skyrim host process, that mods use. And plenty of mods have ceased being supported. Sad. I'm not bothered too much personally, since I don't normally bother with mods that much, but it's sad they couldn't take care to break as little as possible. Or maybe they did. Though I doubt it.

I'm curious to see what the actual creation club mods are. I've been searching sporadically for answers, but only find a few small tidbits among walls of text.

I don't want to go through installing Skyrim and logging in just to browse the content.

There is a free upgrade for SE and also a paid upgrade for SE. The free part is a few things including fishing and some quests. The paid bit is apparently over 500 bits of creation club content. No idea of the upgrade cost though, they are keeping that secret squirrel.

I never was interested enough in Skyrim to buy it, and this new edition doesn't change that. The only reason I would ever buy this is if some new fantastic mod appeared on the scene, and required this.

That is the only reason I eventually bought Fallout 4, not to play, but because a highly anticipated mod (Fallout: Miami) requires it.

There is a free upgrade for SE and also a paid upgrade for SE. The free part is a few things including fishing and some quests. The paid bit is apparently over 500 bits of creation club content. No idea of the upgrade cost though, they are keeping that secret squirrel.
The 500 bits is not 500 mods, though. Just what all mods add. A lot of armour and weapons I think. But I will wait for the information before I decide if it is worth anything at all.

I put about 400 hours into Skyrim, but never found the time to play the SE, although I own it on xbox and PC. Skyrim fans are now 10 years older and not as quick with a sword or spell as we used to be... Maybe fishing and a warm bowl of soup will entice us back?

In addition to ALL current Creation Club content being including in the paid upgrade to AE, there will be brand new official DLC included. It's also enhanced for next-gen consoles, although no one is sure what those enhancements will be; it already runs at 4k60 on the XSX. I vote for hi-res textures!

Is this going to be free for existing owners of the legendary edition, or are we going to pay for horse armour and fishing?

I've seen $39.99 mentioned on several sites.

Bethesda is being typical Bethesda though and has apparently bumped up the price of Skyrim SE in anticipation of people buying that for the free upgrade version of the anniversary edition.

https://www.thegamer.com/bethesda-skyrim-anniversary-edition-price-increase/

I hear this version of Skyrim will break a lot of mods since they switched to a new compiler that effectively reshuffles function addreses and other locations in the skyrim host process, that mods use. And plenty of mods have ceased being supported. Sad. I'm not bothered too much personally, since I don't normally bother with mods that much, but it's sad they couldn't take care to break as little as possible. Or maybe they did. Though I doubt it.
From what I read texture mods can be ported easily it's the mods that need script extenders that wont function. They mod will need to rebooted from the ground up.

Sadly some of the mods were almost discontinued last time for the same reasons.

Anyway I mostly texture mods so it's not a problem for me.:)

Yeah, I would've preferred remasters of Morrowind and Oblivion.
Throw in some new DLC, and I'd probably pay full price for those.
Count me another for a Morrowind remaster if they update the GUI and dialogue interference. As for oblivion they would need to axe the level scaling. I hated it.

Is this going to be free for existing owners of the legendary edition, or are we going to pay for horse armour and fishing?
Hard to tell at this point as Microsoft and Bethesda haven't announced anything about a free PC update. Though if you have a Gamepass account it will be free to play.

Back
Top Bottom