Weird West - Hands-on Impressions @ IGN (Video)

PC Gamer had a preview, too. It's looking pretty good for an action/immersive sim game.

This is the best preview I've seen so far, and I'm starting to get mildly interested.

I still wish it was first or third person rather than isometric though. I also don't like what I'm hearing about the save system.

Yeah that's twin stick combat with a top down perspective. Odd choice to use in modern games. I just wish it was more isometric and used a different combat system.

Anyhow hope it sells and it probably will given The Accent sold well.

The game looks interesting to me. The controls will need to be really good, though, or it will likely get annoying.

What kind of save system... ?

From the way I've seen it described, it sounds like it autosaves, and you can't reload to try different outcomes. So, the game will be completely linear in that way. When you die, you'll respawn, but everything that happened before you died remains.

From the way I've seen it described, it sounds like it autosaves, and you can't reload to try different outcomes. So, the game will be completely linear in that way. When you die, you'll respawn, but everything that happened before you died remains.

I know some people like systems like this but they're a complete turn-off for me - especially in games where there are narrative choices to make. I often will play different decision points in an RPG as part of that one play-thru. Sometimes out of curiosity, sometimes because a decision I made wasn't well telegraphed by the game and the outcome doesn't fit what I was expected and the kind of role playing I'm aiming for. Maybe this game isn't that deep - but still, would rather have that choice.

I also hate not having the ability to manually save a game at any point... real life happens and sometimes you've got to stop gaming and attend to something else.

Anyway, good to know and I'll still keep an eye on the game.

Back
Top Bottom