Disciples: Liberation - Review

is it me or is the plot supporting leftism ? )

I'm not convinced, though it looks polished enough. It seems quite vanilla to me. But of course, WolfheartFPS is not the best seller either, even though it's so fun to watch his game overviews.

I'm not convinced, though it looks polished enough. It seems quite vanilla to me. But of course, WolfheartFPS is not the best seller either, even though it's so fun to watch his game overviews.

There's a playable demo on Steam if you want to try the game. It didn't blow me away.

There's a playable demo on Steam if you want to try the game. It didn't blow me away.
Demo didn't blow me away either, but it seemed fun enough that I'd consider buying it either at a discount or if I've got the free time but nothing better to play. Bit of an RPG drought at the moment and this seems like it might somewhat alleviate the itch.

Just 10 minutes of watching, and its a pass for me. I don't like that they limit the main character to female only, I would like to play a male character in a classic fantasy style rpg. Also dislike that you apparently can't rotate the camera, that is a must in these isometric games.

Other dislikes -- the combat system, don't like how it works, setting a formation before every battle, and the overall presentation sucks. It takes you out of the game world far too often for flashy and silly ego boosting close screen shots of your character, for example, after you win a battle, thereby interrupting game immersion in a big way.

I haven't played the demo yet, but I'm very curious about this game. Initially I would have dismissed it since Disciples III was such a notorious hot mess, and years of the developer trying to fix it never really changed that. But this one gives me major King's Bounty vibes, so I am intrigued.

So far, I think it's a great game. Like the combat, writing is decent. The RPG aspects are decent too. The city building is a bit more "meh" - but still, overall, a good game.

I haven't played the demo yet, but I'm very curious about this game. Initially I would have dismissed it since Disciples III was such a notorious hot mess, and years of the developer trying to fix it never really changed that. But this one gives me major King's Bounty vibes, so I am intrigued.

I played the demo and it wasn't that good. It has nothing to do with previous titles, besides the franchise name and is more of an inspiration from King's Bounty: Armored Princess. With a little twist here and there.

Blackguards 1 and 2 are better IMO, and available now for next to nothing.

It has nothing to do with previous titles, besides the franchise name and is more of an inspiration from King's Bounty: Armored Princess.

So they did kind of what devs of Kings Bounty did. :) Kings Bounty 2 deviated into 3D RPG, Disciples Liberation deviated into Kings Bounty, I wonder what game will deviate into Disciples. :)

Other dislikes -- the combat system, don't like how it works, setting a formation before every battle, and the overall presentation sucks.

I wasnt impressed either with the game but the combat doesnt look bad. I wonder how those different actions points work in combat system like those action points, movement points and universal points - see here.

Back
Top Bottom