Mass Effect: LE - Pinnacle Station DLC Mod

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Wccf Tech reports that modders were somewhat successful where BioWare failed by porting the Pinnacle Station DLC to Mass Effect: Legendary Edition. Happy N7 day!

Pinnacle Station DLC Comes to Mass Effect Legendary Edition with a Mod

The ME3Tweaks group of modders has managed what BioWare couldn't, successfully porting the Pinnacle Station DLC of the first Mass Effect to the Legendary Edition. How did they do that? Well, the lengthy technical explanation is available here, but the short version of it is that BioWare had lost the original source code. The modders, on the other hand, were able to use the Legendary Explorer toolkit which does not need the source code, so it was easier for them than for the game's developers.

The Pinnacle Station DLC mod, only available on PC, needs to be installed through the ME3Tweaks Mod Manager. It does come with quite a few caveats, such as currently only supporting English audio and requiring stronger graphics cards than the base game (because the lighting is calculated in runtime, not prebaked), with the NVIDIA RTX 1070/AMD RADEON RX 580 recommended for 1080p@60FPS.

[...]

More information.

Good for them see modders fix almost every game. Still the Pinnacle Station DLC wasn't that good, and it really doesn't affect much of the story. Just my personal opinion.:)

Good for them see modders fix almost every game. Still the Pinnacle Station DLC wasn't that good, and it really doesn't affect much of the story. Just my personal opinion.:)
I only posted it for the modders' feat. ;) Even if there are limitation, it's quite something.
Now will those guy please do something about Icewind Dale 2?

I wonder if modders could do something about integrating DLC more naturally into the game. I read that the DLCs are still sort of awkwardly shoved in there.

This is fantastic. The pinnacle station was the only 'rpgish' planet visit in mass effect. I wish each plant encounter had something similar instead of the pointless buggy ride to no-where.

I don't even remember this tbh. At first I thought it was the DLC where you have to stop an asteroid from crashing into a planet, but that was Bring Down the Sky. I remember that one being pretty good.

I wasn't aware of this DLC when last year I re-played ME123. I encountered it within the game, and not having remembered ever playing it before, I tried it for a bit. I disliked it, and even though I wanted as full of a ME123 experience as I could reasonably get (great games) I passed on this station pretty quickly, and I'm glad I did.

I don't even remember this tbh. At first I thought it was the DLC where you have to stop an asteroid from crashing into a planet, but that was Bring Down the Sky. I remember that one being pretty good.

I thought the same as well and I also enjoyed that one. I vaguely recall that there was another DLC that was just a series of battles and it might be this one.

Back
Top Bottom