HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gloomhaven got a quality of life update and Steam achievements:

Quality of Life Update & Steam Achievements

Much new content, many bug fixes, such Steam achievements

Standing in front of an ominous dungeon, Spellweaver did not feel as confident now as she did back at the tavern. Over there, she would gloat about how she earned all of these achievements. But other mercenaries challenged her, and she had to show them all... as bragging only gets you so far.

And let me tell you, her companions did not make things any easier.
Scoundrel spent quite a while staring obsessively at a nearby chest, visibly trapped, and muttering "Mine...All Mine".
Brute, for his part, repeatedly yelled "I'll kill them all!" and "Get over Here!" at an immobile skeleton, amidst a sea of profanities.

Suddenly, she caught movement in the shadows of the dungeon. Hungry things lurking, waiting, observing. A shiver ran down her spine, but the job had to be done. With a grim grin, she starting preparing a chromatic explosion...
A normal day in Gloomhaven.

Our warmest welcome, fellow mercenaries!

We are gathered here today to celebrate the new update, containing a lot of new content, many bug fixes and the awaited Steam achievements.
You can find more details below.

QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS

We are adding new optional rules coming from Gloomhaven, Jaws of the Lion and Frosthaven alongside the update of several existing features. These changes and additions should let you customize your experience to a far greater extent!

OPTIONAL RULES
Added - House Rules to the options screen and Campaign start:
Permanent Enhancements option
Summons Movement option
Rolling Modifiers variant option
Reduced Randomness option
Line of Sight variant option
Split Gold option now available in Campaign and Guildmaster

UPDATES
Updated - Ping system (now on Ctrl + key) to be usable during your own turn
Updated - Scenario preview UI on the map to display chests you did not loot previously
Updated - Enabled restart round in Multiplayer for the host
Updated - New Personal Quests UI
Updated - More information on the gold distribution UI
Updated - New Main Menu screen
Updated - New UI to help show when additional targets are available

[...]
Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

Never played the boardgame but this one has really got me hooked.

Huge amount of contact and replayability.

No idea what Frosthaven is but if it is similar it will be a day one buy for me.

Frost haven is the sequel, the board game is due Q2 2022 if all goes perfectly (it probably won’t). But then it will probably be awhile before a digital version of it. The board game does have a minor expansion that they could convert though, as well as a separate somewhat easier to learn spin off game.

I absolutely love this game! Highly recommended, and getting more polished all the time.

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom