General News - Turn-Based Lovers' On The Radar January

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Turn-Based Lovers posted this month's discoveries. Thanks Andrea!

ON THE RADAR - TURN-BASED RPGS & STRATEGY GAMES OF JANUARY 2022

THE MONSTER BREEDER - 3RD JANUARY

[January 19th - Ed.]

The Monster Breeding is a turn-based fantasy game that tries to mix two vastly different components.

The first one essentially gives the player a chance to buy some creature eggs and, subsequently, tame and breed them until they become strong enough to fight in the arena.

The second one, however, is the real combat phase that puts your characters and your beloved monsters against other teams in the arena, fighting for gold and glory. But beware, one of the main features of this game is permadeath, so choose wisely!

On Steam

ALDER FORGE (E.A.) -7TH JANUARY

Alder Forge is a turn-based RPG, in the vein of classic JRPGs. Here, you have to lead a party of 5 heroes in a story-driven adventure, taking place in a handcrafted and imaginative world.

Each character will have a unique story to tell and their own set of skills. The developers promise an "adaptive turn-based combat system" (whatever this means!), which is easy to use, but difficult to master.

If you are a fan of JRPGs give it a chance. It may surprise you!

On Steam!

[...]
More information.

"""MONSTER BREEDER """ has very Anti-Hype lame monsters. While The Book of Boba Fett and its predecessor the Mandalorian has amazing cute monster designs. So game developers must learn from Hollywood. Observe the ADOM 1 poor little Cute Dog, which looks so adorable that I couldn't help but save it a countless times.

Oh man Mercy, that's a good point, that poor doggie was always getting into trouble when I played the game. I always jumped to his rescue, often at quite a cost to myself, lol.

I might have to check out Monster Breeder, yet I know for sure Alder Forge sounds like something right up my alley. Good stuff to keep an eye on, for sure!

Back
Top Bottom