Gamedec - Review @ Ye Old Entertainment

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Ye Old Entertainment reviews Gamedec.

Gamedec review, A cyberpunk game that goes full matrix on you. Is this a worthwhile rpg?

There's no lack of cyberpunk themed RPG. My favorite saga is of course Shadowrun. The shadowrun return saga was beautiful and Shadowrun Hong Kong was its standout game. I don't even think Cyberpunk 2077 was all that terrible. But that's a different story.

Gamedec made its case last year, earning the praise of some, and the disdain of others. It is decision-based rpg with isometric perspective that has no combat, barely any exploration and not too many other features.

As far as the story goes... I very much depends on what you expect from a... "The Matrix" inspired story and how much completion you need. In my estimation, this polish game nailed that concept even it's a bit rough around the edges. The gameplay is a whole different story of course and whether you like it or not will very much depend on how much tolerance you have to pointless minigames, there being no combat, etc.
More information.

I find the comparison to The Matrix somewhat odd considering how much combat was in that film and this game has none. That, plus The Matrix was one virtual world not a collection of wildly different ones.

I find the comparison to The Matrix somewhat odd considering how much combat was in that film and this game has none. That, plus The Matrix was one virtual world not a collection of wildly different ones.

He's fond of those movie clips, isn't he? :) Not always easy to find the perfect match. To his defence, the architect presents all the occurrences, though it's always the same world.

They're getting long, too.

Anybody play this?
I am still super on the fence with this one…

Same here, this review gives me a better impression than what I had before, even if there are little quirks. Still undecided though, and other games to finish first.

EDIT: scratch that, I'll skip it. The story alone won't make up for the other issues IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom