RPGWatch - Game of the Year 2021

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Update: You are no longer able to vote.

The votes for your candidates for the game of the year 2021 and the votes for the games you anticipate most in 2022 can now be casted by going to this link.

As usual you need to be registered and have a minimum post count in order to be able to participate.

More information.

Thanks for organizing it @Myrthos;, as always! :)

It's not easy to select only 3 games this year, especially for the most anticipated.

I struggled with big names like Starfield and Baldur's Gate 3. But I've had too many surprises with AAA titles so I won't vote for Starfield. And no doubt for BG3 but it already had its chance. We'll see when they release.

=> 1: Expeditions: Rome, 2: Urban Strife, 3: Broken Roads

And for the GOTY, I struggled with Solasta as 2nd or 3rd but since I couldn't finish it due to technical issues, I dismissed it entirely.

=> 1: Pathfinder: WotR, 2: Encased, 3: Vagrus

Thanks for the work on these nominations once again!

Always fun, though I did find it a bit difficult to vote for anticipated/upcoming titles. "Dying Light 2", "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2" and "System Shock (Remake)", are 3 of my most anticipated games but I don't consider any of them to be primarily crpgs.

So, I skipped over them in the vote otherwise they would have been top candidates. ;)

I actually found voting pretty easy. I only played nioh 2 and solasta so they got my votes and for most anticipated it was elden ring, elex 2 and BG3 and it wasn’t a close call. ( even though I don’t expect BG3 to release in 2022)

I struggled a bit with the most anticipated game but in the end, I guess I'm not very original with Elex, Starfield and BG3.

I went with
GOTY
1. Wildermyth - it was too much fun to not give it 1st place.
2. Pathfinder - I played it for 100+ hours, didn't finish it, but it's an amazing RPG.
3. Encased - I haven't played it yet, but it's likely to be number 3 :D

Anticipated
1. Colony Ship - Loved the first chapter, loved their previous games. Can't wait to play it, and replay it and then play it again a few times.
2. Elex 2 - I found Elex really fun. I'm planning to replay it when Elex 2 comes out to remind myself of the story and try out the clerics.
3. Gothic Remake - Well, I don't really know about this, but if it's well done I will love it. I would have picked BG3 otherwise.

My voting:

GotY 2021:
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
ATOM RPG: Trudograd
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV

Most wanted 2022:
ELEX II
Baldur's Gate 3
Expeditions Rome

Have you set it up this way in the past? Very slick.

GOTY 2021
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Wildermyth
Vagrus

Most anticipated 2022
Starfield
Elden Ring
Dying Light 2

There are games I'm actually anticipating more (Bloodlines 2, Avowed, probably BG3) but I'm not sure they'll be out in 2022 (or maybe ever) and after the Cyberpunk 2077 experience I'm kinda done with getting ahead of myself getting excited for shit that's on the horizon.

GotY
  1. Pathfinder: WotR
  2. Medieval Dynasty
  3. Solasta: Crown of the Magister

Most Anticipated:
  1. Baldur's Gate 3
  2. Elex II
  3. Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness

Games of the year for me: Dark Deity, Geneforge, Trails in the Sky four

Most looking forward to: Knights of the Chalice two, Iron Oath, Expedition: Rome.

GOTY : Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Encased
Chernobylite

MLFT : Baldur's gate 3
Elex 2
Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms.

For GOTY I voted for Solasta: Crown of the Magister. I left #2 and #3 blank as I haven't played any of the other games yet to form an opinion. But I've gotten enough enjoyment out of Solasta to say it probably would've been favorite even if I'd played every other game on the list. Besides, only a few interest me. Waiting for Mechajammer to get all patched up before I try it again. I will eventually get Pathfinder: WotR and Encased which I expect to enjoy (though for both of these I think I'm better off waiting for patches).

Anticipated:

1. Expeditions: Rome
2. Colony Ship
3. Broken Roads

Out of the remaining options SKALD probably would be #4

This was the easiest as I had actually played some of the games and am following many of the upcoming ones.

GOTY - Wrath of the Righteous, Encased, Wildermyth

For 2022 - Baldurs Gate 3, A Knights Tale, Avowed

For once I actually voted more than 1 game :D

GOTY - Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, runner up - Wildermyth

Most anticipated - Hogwarts Legacy & Broken Roads

I think I've voted KotC2, BG3 & Black Geyser as my most anticipated for a few years in a row now, looking forward to voting for them again in 2023!

Surprise! :D

At least you guys know how to determine whether it is truly me or not ;) (call for help if I ever stop singing praise for WotR!)

No game of the year for me since I mostly played older games trying to get through the backlog. And because I seem to be getting behind more and more, I'm looking forward to playing Starfield, BG3 and Colony Ship in 2030 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom