Daedalic Entertainment - Acquired by Nacon

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Blue's News reported that Daedelic Entertainment had been acquired by Nacon for an estimated max. price of 53MEUR.

NACON Acquires Daedalic

NACON announces its latest acquisition is German developer/publisher Daedalic Entertainment. The two companies were already collaborating on The Lord of the Rings: Gollum. This partnership will be easier now that NACON has gotten its hands on its precious:

"Already partners in the publishing of one of the most anticipated games of 2022, The Lord of the Rings(tm): Gollum(tm), the two companies decided to tighten their collaboration. This transaction will enable NACON to acquire several key intellectual properties and to benefit from Daedalic Entertainments remarkable publishing and game development expertise.

The integration into the NACON group will enable the studio to grow its awards-winning development team and strengthen its position as a leading indie publisher. Carsten Fichtelmann, Founder and CEO, and Stephan Harms, COO will continue to run the company with a high degree of autonomy in development and publishing. NACON will support the future projects by combining forces through its sales, publishing and marketing teams."
More information.

Who is Nacon?

Nacon are the ones that Frogwares had a huge stoush with over ownership of their games that resulted in the Sinking City being delisted from Steam.

Nacon are the ones that Frogwares had a huge stoush with over ownership of their games that resulted in the Sinking City being delisted from Steam.

That was one of the nastier disputes between a developer and a publisher that I can remember.

If you believe Frogwares' version of events, Nacon actually uploaded a hacked/altered version of the game on Steam (after Frogwares had removed it) so they could continue to collect profits without Frogwares being part of it.

Yes, I vaguely remember that story.
I wonder now, if the people at Deadalic knew of that ?

Well unfortunately, eventually everything in the world (including governments) will be owned by one master corporation... this is just one more small step.

Developers of super-amazingly done Blackguards 1 and Blackguards 2!! I'll never forget those two fantastic turn-based games!

The first one was ok, the second was a massive disappointment for me.

Nod, no argument there, the first was certainly the better for me as well. Even though the second wasn't as good for me, I did still enjoy a lot of the time I spent there.

I've played the first twice and could easily play it again one day. The second one I played once and wouldn't play again.

Well unfortunately, eventually everything in the world (including governments) will be owned by one master corporation… this is just one more small step.

... And it will be called THE RING ...

Back
Top Bottom