The Iron Oath - New Demo

Redglyph

proud GASP member
RPG Site reported that The Iron Oath was having a new demo and a new trailer.

Turn-based tactical RPG The Iron Oath gets a demo during Steam Next Fest; new teaser trailer

ublisher Humble Games and developer Curious Panda Games have released a new trailer for The Iron Oath, set to release in 2022 for PC (Steam, Humble).

The trailer commemorates the launch of a demo for the turn-based tactical RPG during this week's Steam Next Fest, running from February 21 to February 28.

The Iron Oath was originally announced in 2020, before pandemic and other development hurdles pushed back the game's expected launch window at the time. It began as a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2017, raising $94,524 for the project.

The video can be found below, alongside an updated description of the game and screenshots, via Humble.

More information.

Nice!

I have kept this game on my wishlist for quite a long time now. Really curious if it's worth keeping in the "Top 20 Anticipated" section of my wishlist.;)

Downloading...

Has anyone played the demo? Care to share a few impressions?

Has anyone played the demo? Care to share a few impressions?

Only played it for about 45 minutes. Gameplay doesn't seem bad, standard TB style with some neat abilities that your characters can use. Graphics seems ok not that advanced but a nice style all the same, no voiced characters, not even short exclamations.

One thing I don't really get, is that "Time" supposedly plays a very important role in the game. "Your characters will grow old, retire and die". It also shows up as a factor in every decision/choice your characters have to make while exploring.

Not sure how much this will have an impact on the way you play the game yet.

One of my most anticipated games out there. I have not tried any demos, waiting on the full release to enjoy

I don't mind reading a lot of text, but when the text is generated half as quickly as I can read it, I'm just sitting staring at my monitor for seconds like a fool, wow, fix it, devs !

I don't mind reading a lot of text, but when the text is generated half as quickly as I can read it, I'm just sitting staring at my monitor for seconds like a fool, wow, fix it, devs !
All ready to say how much I'm anticipating this as well, but *&^%! That might be my number 1 pet peeve about shoddy game design.

Animated text was old in 1988! It adds nothing to a game!

Will this demo only be available for a fixed period of time?

Back
Top Bottom