Wigmund. The Return of the Hidden Knights - Interview @ CSH Picone

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
CSH Picone interviewed The Scholastics about their upcoming Action RPG Wigmund. The Return of the Hidden Knights:

The Scholastics - Interview by Chris Picone

I've been tracking Wigmund for a long time now; I first played the game when it was still in very Early Access - it struck me as very promising back then, even though there wasn't enough content for me to review at the time. The game's come leaps and bounds since then. The team's still balancing and tweaking some of the mechanics but otherwise the game's now all but content complete. Even in its current state, the game's a lot of fun and I wanted to know more about it, so: Joining me today is Ioan Lazu; software engineer and game designer with The Scholastics, joins me to have a chat about soon-to-be released ARPG Wigmund.

CSH: First, let's introduce you. The Scholastics studio are two brothers, correct? What skills and experience do you both bring to the party?

Ioan: Indeed, we are two brothers from Timisoara (Romania): Sebastian is our graphic designer (both 2D and 3D) and I, Ioan, am Wigmund's developer/programmer and level designer.

CSH: Phew! I'll admit I was a little confused - I couldn't remember if I read about your being brother on your website or if I was getting mixed up with the main characters from. Have you both always worked in the videogame industry?

Ioan: We never worked in the videogame industry. I worked as a software developer in other fields of the IT industry - but NOT in the field of videogame industry. Some years ago we created some small games, and we tried to create a quest/adventure game named "The Unwritten Critias & the Lost Island" (its demo, probably, can still be found on some websites). But all these projects were - more or less - meant to help us learn the tools and the flow of the actual production of a digital game.

[...]
More information.

Back
Top Bottom