ELEX II - Patch 2

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Patch 2 for ELEX II has been released:

Patch 2 for Elex II

We have just launched the second patch for Elex II on steam rest of PC platforms should follow shortly.

Patch notes are as follows -

• Added alternative game camera
  • Fixed bug in certain quest with Crane
  • Bugfix for Skyands boss Haraac could not be found
  • Bugfixes for certain NPCs, who could not find their way, like Skibor
  • Fixed bug at Adam in terms of the quest of the 6th Power subquests
  • Fixed a bug where Chloe won't let the player proceed during certain quest situations
More information.

"Added alternative game camera"
Although I have no problem with the new camera, it's nice that they listened to the old fans.

"Added alternative game camera"
Although I have no problem with the new camera, it's nice that they listened to the old fans.

There were definitely a lot of complaints about the camera, so this is good news.

I was planning on waiting but broke down and got the game this week. I agree with you, the camera was fine. After seeing all the talk I was expecting something really out there. One of the most overblown complaints I've come across in a while. At least for me, your mileage may vary.

that is fast. wondering why this kinda problems even exist...

Took them long enough to fix the alb quests. Either they have no testers or rushed the last patch out. The new camera option is nice since the last one made me nauseous.

They released this patch only 3 days after the last one, so I'd say they fixed those quests fairly quickly.

They should have rolled back the last patch. The PR post from the community manager was hilarious as well. He gave the usual restart and verify game files spiel.

Fact is the last patch was untested and broke key parts of the code.:roll:

None of which changes the fact that they got this new patch out in a relatively short amount of time.

Also, the last patch could be rolled back if the user chose to do it.

Keep defending PB. I forgot they are untouchable gods on this site.:lol:

Pointing things out the way they actually happened isn't defending something.

Stop taking everything personally, tater-head. ;)

Piranha Bytes is doing a fine job with the patches, and being relatively quick for such a small team. They don't have hundreds working on this game like Elden Ring does or other triple A developers with money to burn.

The new camera is a definite improvement, but I hope they will continue to improve it in future patches. As it stands, I could play it now, as the horrid zooming in and out whenever I move is gone. I still think the camera in previous PB games, such as the first Elex, was much better. I'd like to be able to zoom in and out at will and I would prefer to have the character centered in the view. Adjustable FOV would also be nice.

Still, I would be willing to play it as it is now, and I'm glad PB got it patched so quickly.

That's because their games have loads of old school featurs, ideas that are sorely missed in rpgs nowadays.
THose just make up for all the short coming i guess…

With this game, even mediocre setting couldn't deter me from buying it.
i said i'll not get baited into Elex 2! Again i was,:)
I guess i just had to see the camera for myself and it was fine as is…:)
The fact that i don't have to deal with the new age crap and the hype train that comes with rpgs nowadays, a breath of fresh air.

i think we all know that the PB games have loads of room for improvements…In a ways that's what it makes it ok in the end. No one is overhyping the game.

Not really.
Untouchable gods would be Bethesda's bugfixing department. :p

All is well I am just short with time to play anything.
For Elex2 I did everything to make enough time for it, but it's an exception I just had to make.
Everything else is on hold.

Hopefully this lack of time won't last long, but then again at least I am not playing every rubbish out there just to see what's the fuss about and then I get bored with mainstream overhyped junk (RDR2 is an example). ;)

I'm honored @joxer as my reply got you to finally comment after months of silence.
Welcome back bro hopefully real life doesn't pull you away again.:party:

All is well I
Nice to hear! :)

I'm about 25 hours in and I like it. Imho it's more or less exactly what was expected.

Back
Top Bottom