Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Cover Art Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A pretty minor item but JoWood has released the cover art for Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods and the accompanying newsbit reveals sales of 900k for G3:
Liezen, Austria, July 23rd 2008; JoWooD Productions has released the final cover artworkfor the official AddOn of its famous roleplaying game, Gothic 3 (more than 900.000 units sold). Gothic 3 – Forsaken Gods takes the player into the fascinating Gothic world once again where exciting quests are waiting to be solved.
Gothic 3 – Forsaken Gods will be available as standalone version – NO Full Version of Gothic 3 needed!

About Gothic 3 – Forsaken Gods

Two Years after the phenomenal success of Gothic 3, this new episode offers a new glimpse into the amazing world of Gothic. Forsaken Gods includes new quests, new monsters and many of the old friends whom gamers around the world got to know in previous episodes. Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods will answer all the questions which have risen in the past and will slowly introduce the fans to a new chapter...

Features:
  • Lively and interactive environment which reacts to the player's actions, creating a very intense and realistic atmosphere
  • Improved graphics quality thanks to updated engine technology
  • Enhanced user interface
  • 15-20 intense hours of gameplay
  • Improved combat system with new combat rules
  • Plenty of new weapons, armor, monsters and quests
System: PC
Genre: RPG
Release: Q4 2008
More information.

Gothic 3 really sold nearly a million? That's pretty impressive, I would've expected lower sales than that.

Looking forward to this "expansion", even though it's a standalone game. Now it's about time we get some video footage and so on of the game.

Hm ... somehow my intuition tells me that this expansion might be the mega-patch we never received this far ...

... There was a similar thing with Two Worlds ...

Gothic 3 really sold nearly a million? That's pretty impressive, I would've expected lower sales than that.

Looking forward to this "expansion", even though it's a standalone game. Now it's about time we get some video footage and so on of the game.

I doubt half of that is at full price, so keep that in mind.

Video footage is always nice but to be honest, I don't expect to see anything other than G3. The three screens released so far look indistinguishable from the original to me. I suspect "easier" combat simply means tweaked stun-lock.

I doubt half of that is at full price, so keep that in mind.
The 500k announcement came pretty soon after release, and G3 stayed at full price in Germany for almost 1.5 years. I would expect the average price to be significantly above budget level.
I´m surprised the number is so low though. Sales must have nearly stalled after the successful start.

Video footage is always nice but to be honest, I don't expect to see anything other than G3. The three screens released so far look indistinguishable from the original to me. I suspect "easier" combat simply means tweaked stun-lock.
+1

I'm shocked at the 15-20 hour game time estimate. That is extremely short for a Gothic game, even if it is just an expansion.

Won't stop me from buying it on the first day it's available of course....

Any word on when to expect the 1.7 patch for Gothic 3? I hope it's at least a few weeks prior to the expansion.

I'm shocked at the 15-20 hour game time estimate. That is extremely short for a Gothic game, even if it is just an expansion.

Won't stop me from buying it on the first day it's available of course?.

Any word on when to expect the 1.7 patch for Gothic 3? I hope it's at least a few weeks prior to the expansion.

One of the developer say that is going to be out before the expansion go out. Look on the gothic 3 forum for more information.

What i think is this, they are going to move all the fix they do to release the expansion to the patch 1.7, i mean the engine errors, memory manager, etc.
________
YAMAHA MUSIC FOUNDATION SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:
The 500k announcement came pretty soon after release, and G3 stayed at full price in Germany for almost 1.5 years. I would expect the average price to be significantly above budget level.
I´m surprised the number is so low though. Sales must have nearly stalled after the successful start.

Really? It dropped quickly here. Just shows the strength of Gothic in Germany etc.

So, what exactly is this? It says it doesn't require prior ownership of G3, but only offers 15-20 hours? So... does it also include the full version of G3, or are we just buying a 15 hour completely standalone game?

So, what exactly is this? It says it doesn't require prior ownership of G3, but only offers 15-20 hours? So? does it also include the full version of G3, or are we just buying a 15 hour completely standalone game?

If i remember well it no include the original game.
________
Buy No2 Vaporizer

Last edited:
So, what exactly is this? It says it doesn't require prior ownership of G3, but only offers 15-20 hours? So... does it also include the full version of G3, or are we just buying a 15 hour completely standalone game?

Indeed -> Don't forget that Gothic also had only a 30h gameplay. It is only gothic 3 that makes it much longer.

Sales must have nearly stalled after the successful start.

Of course. As soon as everyone knew about the bugs ...

I don't see any developer's name on this cover box... so Jowood might have established a new internal dev team after all ..

They have. Their QA shop in Romania has been upgraded to dev studio.

The lack of a developer announcement is a bad sign. If they had someone with experience they would say so.

They have. Their QA shop in Romania has been upgraded to dev studio.

Really? Funny...

So, I guess they're using the Genome engine for the addon?

@Gorath: could you please post some link about the change of QL from QA to dev studio?

Last edited:
Well Gothic 2 was a huge hit, gained the series a lot of popularity, and for months before they released Gothic 3 they conducted a gargantuan marketing campaign. I don't understand where the confusion is with regards to why sales were so good for Gothic 3.

But I guarantee people are going to be more cautious with the expansion - if there's no patch to make the fighting system interesting, I can't see this getting much off the ground.

I don't understand where the confusion is with regards to why sales were so good for Gothic 3.

There must be a huge diffference between how this game was marketed in Germany vs. USA. It was like a national security secret over here.

Spellbound only for G4, if I remember that correctly.

Spellbound is developing Gothic 4 for Jowood, yes :)

The QA team (that is in now a development studio) in Romania probably did their best with the (limited?) time they had to playtest the game. Please don't think that just because it is in Romania the quality will be poor or very poor. In fact, the opposite could be the case as all former Eastern European countries put a lot of money into teaching people physics and other natural sciences. [And I do think I've read somewhere that there a small? German minority in Romania?].

I don't understand why you'e complaining about the fighting and combat system in Gothic 3. To me (and my not very dextrous fingers and hands) the fighting system in G3 was excellent. It just meant I had to click on the enimies to dispose of them while I in G1+G2 had to make several clicks on mye keyboards while the mouse.

I'll look forward to this expansion, though.

Back
Top Bottom